Why Canada, and Government-Run Healthcare, Blows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Canada, and Government-Run Healthcare, Blows

Juana Tejada wants to stay – and die – in Canada.

A live-in caregiver from the Philippines, the terminally ill cancer patient will be forced to leave when her work permit expires in two months, even though her period of service here as a nanny was supposed to be the gateway to permanent residency.

Tejada has twice been denied a chance to stay, however, because her illness puts a burden on the health-care system. …

The 38-year-old came to Canada in 2003 under the federal live-in caregiver program, which grants permanent resident status to domestic workers after they complete their three-year assignments and obtain the necessary medical and criminal-record clearances.

Her cancer was found in 2006, during an exam for her immigration application. Tejada appealed to immigration officials to waive the good-health requirement for humanitarian reasons.

“While I am sympathetic to your situation, I am not satisfied that these circumstances justify granting an exemption,” a case processing officer in Alberta wrote in the latest decision. “In the opinion of a medical officer, this health condition might reasonably be expected to cause excessive demand on health and social services.”

Got that? They wanted Juana to come to Canada so she could serve Canadians who needed home health care. When Juana got sick, the same health care service for which she worked couldn’t be bothered to foot the bill for her treatments. Juana worked and paid into that system for three years before they discovered that she would “cause excessive demand” for her treatment.
    I am sick and tired of the CANADIAN MACHINE turning down individuals THAT IT RECRUITED IN THE FIRST PLACE. Government run healthcare is the next coming of the antichrist because of its arbitrary solutions to problems such as treatment rashioning and petty penny pinching. If there is any justice, Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama will be impaled by Bill Clinton's penis before they can implement this sort of disaster in the United States. In conclusion, all the young people can be like BLACK IS BACK and listen to whatever Aerosmith and Bruce Springstein says, or they can realize the absurdity of the Canada and the government run healthcare and maybe this is why Alec Baldwin didn't move to Canada after Kerry lost to Bush after all?

**** Wiggie, we don't provide health care to OUR OWN CITIZENS!! Why do you think she should move to the FRONT OF THE LINE?
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Obviously Canadians have more important things to care about like making sure they have the right song for watching HNIC.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Priorities
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Careful, Wiggie. You'll make some list or other.
          Attached Files
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Wiggy, to make your case even stronger, you could also talk about how good health care insurance companies are and how they are never penny pinching.

Spec.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
            X