No announcement yet.

I am not afraid to die, but I am.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Death doesn't scare me, but the prospect of the inconvenience and possible emotional discomfort for those I'd leave behind is a very disturbing thought.

Comment

Why worry about death? We are all going to die, some of us tomorrow, some of us in 50 years. I'm 53, so if I'm really really lucky I have some 20 odd years left.

People aren't afraid of death, what they are afraid of is the way they will die. If I go to bed tonight and die in my sleep you won't hear me complaining
      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
      And notifying the next of kin
      Once again...

Comment

Sorry
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

I am just so fascinated by the range of discoveries and technological advances, I want to see where it all leads.

This is a great time to be alive IMO.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
            Why worry about death? We are all going to die, some of us tomorrow, some of us in 50 years. I'm 53, so if I'm really really lucky I have some 20 odd years left.

People aren't afraid of death, what they are afraid of is the way they will die. If I go to bed tonight and die in my sleep you won't hear me complaining
            I'd be a bit more optimistic if I was you 100 seems reachable with a good lifestyle and if you live in a developed country.

Don't forget by the time you will be 73 the year will be 2028, all sci-fi, flying cars and sh1t.*

*well not really but artificial organs may be possible
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Hercules
              I am just so fascinated by the range of discoveries and technological advances, I want to see where it all leads.

This is a great time to be alive IMO.

Freezing yourself after death may help. I'm considering singning up for that.
              Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
              The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
              The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

I don't think this is a goer from what I've read. I prefer the replacement artificial organs approach.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

whoops I see what you mean now in that context.

Comment

I don't fear death; but I'm afraid of future regret. I don't fear death; but I'm anxious that in the very last moment I felt that I wasted my life.

The idea of death awake me, several feeling which could be described as a mix of expectation, anxiety, fear, curiosity, majestic. All these feeling united in one feeling that I I'm unable to understand.
                    bleh

Comment

whoops I see what you mean now in that context.

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                        I don't fear death; but I'm afraid of future regret. I don't fear death; but I'm anxious that in the very last moment I felt that I wasted my life.
                        Now that is true. What difference did I make.? Have I wasted my life?

Comment

Have I wasted my life?
                          Do you have fertile heterosexual kids?

Comment

I don't want to live forever, just as long as I possibly can. After the last star goes out, it would get fairly boring.

What bothers me most about the idea of dying is that I don't get to find out what happens next. I don't mean to me, but I mean in the world, which is just so damn interesting, all that future history and discoveries I'll never see.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens - Woody Allen
                              Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by CrONoS
                                Everyone wastes their life. Nothing you do will ever matter.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X