Funny right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    I think it is well known that people who are online tend to be far more liberal than the population at large.

And besides, the people on this site are a pretty liberal bunch. Hell, I was the face of conservatism here for a while, and I was almost kicked out of the Rutgers College Republicans (a NORTHEAST college) for being too liberal.
    You are saying liberal as in non-sexist, and I think that's crap. If you look at their behavior and attitudes they are very sexist. Look at Felth thought he was showing me by starting another thread, but it was not like this thread at all. You can't ignore people's actions.

And liberals are plenty sexists also. It's got more to do with how you were raised. You can't say all the fathers of this site didn't use violence against women while they were growing up. Hell, my step father was violent towards my mother and I'm one of the most liberal people on this site.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• My mama wouldn't put up with that ****.
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

You haven't shown why Poly is any different from the population as a whole.
        No one who has posted in this thread thinks violence against women is acceptable. No one on poly beats his wife. And if he does then he knows he should be quiet, this can only be a lurker, for such a man and his postiongs would be hated reviled on this great and just forum. I have great faith in my fellow polytubby and belive that such a man would be reported if we belived he was honest to the proper authorities if he came out with something like that.

You sir question our timing in dispensing justice. But I say justice is blind.

PS Now imagine Ronald Regan saying that
        Last edited by Heraclitus; May 30, 2008, 03:09.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You are saying liberal as in non-sexist, and I think that's crap. If you look at their behavior and attitudes they are very sexist. Look at Felth thought he was showing me by starting another thread, but it was not like this thread at all. You can't ignore people's actions.

And liberals are plenty sexists also. It's got more to do with how you were raised. You can't say all the fathers of this site didn't use violence against women while they were growing up. Hell, my step father was violent towards my mother and I'm one of the most liberal people on this site.
          I do state again, fighting against abuse of men is beneficial to the fight against violence against women. If you take it upon yourself to fight one battle and not the other, you have discredited yourself in the eyes of half the people you are trying to convince.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

No one who has posted in this thread thinks violence against women is acceptable.

That's your argument? So you think everyone who believes in violence towards women will post that they are?

It's not just about violence towards women either. It's about violence period, as in war.

It takes a village to rape a women. Think about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

I do state again, fighting against abuse of men is beneficial to the fight against violence against women. If you take it upon yourself to fight one battle and not the other, you have discredited yourself in the eyes of half the people you are trying to convince.
              They are the same battle. All of this is interdependent. People are being socialized. These things don't happen in a vacume. People do and say things for a reason.

Any of this landing?

Comment

So... let's see... liberals are sexist (though they believe in equality as a primary tenant). But the vast majority of people against sexism are liberals... and so because more people online are more liberal has no bearing on if they are sexist. And if fathers used violence against mothers, then they have to be sexist? Can't you say that seeing that sort of violence may have led people to see how horrible sexism is? The logic doesn't follow any pattern here.

I don't see how you've shown this site is as sexist as the society. I think we've seen the opposite. And as this is anonymous forum, more people would be willing to discuss their inner beliefs than in public.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

So... let's see... liberals are sexist (though they believe in equality as a primary tenant). But the vast majority of people against sexism are liberals... and so because more people online are more liberal has no bearing on if they are sexist. And if fathers used violence against mothers, then they have to be sexist? Can't you say that seeing that sort of violence may have led people to see how horrible sexism is? The logic doesn't follow any pattern here.
                  There is nothing logical about beating a women. Most violence has no real logic at all when you really look at it. It's savage. People can behave rationally and still have subconscious beliefs and behaviors that are not consistant at all with their stated beliefs. People can wholy convince themselves that they believe a certain way when in fact they actually believe quite differently.

I don't see how you've shown this site is as sexist as the society. I think we've seen the opposite. And as this is anonymous forum, more people would be willing to discuss their inner beliefs than in public.
                  Maybe it's wrong to compare it to society. I guess my point is that people can state that they are not sexist and still be.

Comment

Still, it's the men who cause it. If men weren't so macho we can't be sure that violence would exist at all.

Comment

That's your argument? So you think everyone who believes in violence towards women will post that they are?

It's not just about violence towards women either. It's about violence period, as in war.

It takes a village to rape a women. Think about that.
                      It takes a village to castrate a man too, your point? Group violence while it has been asociated with men, and is more prolific with male groups is very far away from being non-existant in all-female groups.

Comment

They are the same battle.
                        So why is it then wrong to complain about a sexist commercial?

Comment

• You're a good guy despite your avatar, but you just aren't getting what I'm saying.

Comment

Working...
                          X