No announcement yet.

Hillary Clinton, Plantagenet King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hah, I wish a Plantagenet king were running for president.

Just imagine how much the likes of Henry II, Richard I, or Edward I could accomplish! And people say Bush was an autocrat.

But then there's um, John, Edward II, Richard II... mumble mumble...
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Richard I? He's right up Bush's alley. Went off on a foreign adventure thinking he was all that, ****ed it up, and cost his country a ****load of money and prestige.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
        Richard I? He's right up Bush's alley. Went off on a foreign adventure thinking he was all that, ****ed it up, and cost his country a ****load of money and prestige.

-Arrian
        Yep. Hence the sarcasm of my last post. Even the "great" Plantagenets were bad, and after them you still have a whole slew of truly awful Plantagenets to dig through.
        The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
        "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
        "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
        The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

I hear ya. I started out by thinking that Edward I and even Henry II were far superior kings to Richard I, and then got thinking more about Richard I and then thought of the Bush parallel.

Of course, the lot of 'em were nasty, bloodthirsty buggers. They were, after all, medieval kings.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
          X