Hillary Clinton, Plantagenet King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary Clinton, Plantagenet King

"What miserable drones and traitors have I nurtured and promoted in my household who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born cleric!" were the words which sparked the darkest event in Henry's religious wranglings. This speech has translated into legend in the form of "Will no one rid me of this troublesome priest?" - a provocative statement which would perhaps have been just as riling to the knights and barons of his household at whom it was aimed as his actual words. Bitter at Becket, his old friend, constantly thwarting his clerical constitutions, the King shouted in anger but most likely not with intent. However, four of Henry's knights, Reginald Fitzurse, Hugh de Moreville, William de Tracy, and Richard le Breton overheard their King's cries and decided to act on his words.

BRANDON, S.D. — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton defended staying in the Democratic nominating contest on Friday by pointing out that her husband had not wrapped up the nomination until June 1992, adding, “We all remember Bobby Kennedy was assassinated in June in California.”
    bama 8?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

WTF!?!
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Clinton's said a lot of messed up stuff in this campaign (continually repeating the sniper story makes me doubt her sanity) but I'm not sure if I see the big deal here. She's emphasizing the uncertainty of the process and although her timing is craptacular if you put someone in front of cameras all day long with their mouth running they're going to use some silly examples. I know if people put together a clip of the dumbest things I've said while teaching I'd look like an idiot...
      Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

I didn't think it was possible for me to think less of Hillary. I was wrong.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Wha...she wants Obama get killed to secure her own nomination?
          Blah

Comment

Yes and she's going to hire the same Bosnian sniper who tried to kill her.

Comment

awesome way to shot yourself in the foot.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

She is using the fact that primary seasons often go into June as an arguement to stay in the race, but no primary saeson has started as early as this one. Question for Dems, how does this women even have a single delegate?
                Last edited by Will9; May 24, 2008, 12:56.
                USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                The video may avatar is from

Comment

A pretty dumb thing to say out loud, though an event obviously within the realm of possibility.

Anything can happen between now and the convention-death, assassination, sex scandal, tax scandal etc, you just probably shouldn't say that out loud (let the pundits say it for you-they will and have).

Comment

I am just ****ing dismayed than anyone still supports her. It's absolutely incredible.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      I am just ****ing dismayed than anyone still supports her. It's absolutely incredible.
                      funny!

Comment

I support Hilllary Clinton. She is precisley the kind of b1tch you people need to clean up the mess Curius George made.

Obama is just about as weak as a rock star politician can get.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Bosh
                          I'm not sure if I see the big deal here. She's emphasizing the uncertainty of the process and although her timing is craptacular if you put someone in front of cameras all day long with their mouth running they're going to use some silly examples.
                          QFT

I just don't see the big deal. I believe she even said that her husband didn't wrap up the nomination until June in 1992 right before that. It was just about how uncertain the process is.

Those who are saying that Hillary is saying Obama's going to get assassinated are really grasping at straws.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Hillary's statement -- made to a newspaper editorial board -- betrays one of two things:

a) a desire to actively promote the "idea" that Obama, like Bobby Kennedy, might be tragically killed at any time (not suggesting it should happen, of course!!!), thus justifying her continued windmill-tilting,

OR

b} an incredible, near-total lack of awareness the how messaging is perceived and how the media works.

Hint: It's not (b). Politics is a rough game. Hillary has shown she's a player, one who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. I guess her determination can be considered admirable, in its nakedly amoral way.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

QFT

I just don't see the big deal. I believe she even said that her husband didn't wrap up the nomination until June in 1992 right before that. It was just about how uncertain the process is.

Those who are saying that Hillary is saying Obama's going to get assassinated are really grasping at straws.
                              Right she also said that her husband didn't wrap up the nomination until June, which is, well, wrong. The race was basically over in when Tsongas dropped out in March and the 1968 primary isn't really comparable at all since the primaries started months later than they do now. So as usual, Clinton is completely wrong on the substantive issues.

However going after her on the assassination line is gotcha bull****. People should stick to going after her on the substanive things, there's plenty of BS there to keep anyone busy.
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X