Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that the dust has settled a bit, I see that the path has opened to Kentish Town, though it's probably too little, too late.
    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

dp

Comment

Alas Kuci, shunts are forced - they don't just open up a la the more simplistic US ruleset.

You failed to notice that my move to Green Park disallowed such a gambit, but it did leave me the opportunity to switch back to Aldgate East, which may be pinch-hitting at its very worst, but as the nightwatchman here, I think is allowed. So four brown tokens into the duke coffer, and Nudd's Variant applies across the board!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york View Post
          Alas Kuci, shunts are forced - they don't just open up a la the more simplistic US ruleset.

You failed to notice that my move to Green Park disallowed such a gambit, but it did leave me the opportunity to switch back to Aldgate East, which may be pinch-hitting at its very worst, but as the nightwatchman here, I think is allowed. So four brown tokens into the duke coffer, and Nudd's Variant applies across the board!

Alas, but Nudds' Variant only applies to areas outside Zone 1, leaving me to alight at Mornington Crescent
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

The US ruleset may be more simplistic in that sense, but it is clearly more complex in some respects, which Gerhard's Teal gambit clearly shows. Furthermore, the Chicago variant (which found its zenith in 2005 at my humble school) permits some very complex tactical shunts, such as Garfield Park to Ashland.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Damn you guys you don't seem to care about Spiff, but I do - I'm going to Down Street to see if he is stranded there
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Guys, we're waiting on a new game to start; I ought to do it as the previous winner, so...I think we should try Reginalds' reverse shunt rules along with the Full International Passport rules.

So, as runner up would Duke like to restart the game?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Well played, Krill. Well played, indeed.

Comment

No way - Krill has failed to obey the french rule - that is to be/find Spif. Actually, Krill should be punished severely for not obeying this rule. I suggest that a tribunal confirms his execution.
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oh, and I'm on board with the proposed rules, though I think we should stipulate to the Underwood Cross-variant, as well, just to avoid confusion if someone gets stuck on the northern parallels.

Comment

Seeing the good company here, I can only enjoy joining the game. While I'll do a fairly simple and very French move by going to King's Cross St Pancras. Just to arrive correctly on the Perfide Albion, and to remove a bit of my rustiness.

Duke'O'York found me, and should be the one getting the three Freedom Points.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Woo-hoo, Spiff!

I'm hopeful that you, sir, will at least stick to some civilised variant of the rules that operates within the parameters of the traditional scenario. That is to say - the London tube map.

Some people here have been stopping at all sorts of outlandish stations. In some cases they might even be made up. If we're not careful people will be going to places like Winnipeg or Guadeloupe.

Anyway, I shall follow your excellent move by travelling to Arsenal

Comment

That makes Vauxhall a no-brainer, for me then, doesn't it?

WB Spiff.

Comment

Tottenham Court Road, and don't spare the horses Welcome back Spiff

Comment

I set up such a great opening in the last game and then forgot to play my next turn. Stupid.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X