No announcement yet.

I'm Islamophobic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit: I've just realised my comment could be taken the wrong way. So don't. I just found his response witty.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; April 22, 2008, 22:52.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Your cartoons are pretty lame. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
          Your cartoons are pretty lame. Sorry.
          Yes I know. But usually hippy bashing's a big succes on poly regardles of its quality.

Comment

I can't find anything funny about the subject on the internetz.
            Last edited by Heraclitus; April 22, 2008, 23:23.

Comment

The southpark one was pretty good though.

Comment

The secuarist did incredibly well considering all things.

Ok, so he did call homosexuality a disease, but we don't want him to get stoned or something so lets cut him some slack.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

Everyone talks all the time about how Muslims are "taking over" Europe. It is utter nonsense.
                  It is, but "everyone" is not talking about it here. In fact it is hardly an issue, at least where I live.
                  Blah

Comment

In the United States blacks make up 12.2% of the population (much higher than any country in Europe). Plus Hispanics make up 14.8% of the population and Asians/Indians/Mixed/other are another 13.64%. So in total, non-whites are over 40% of our population.

Unlike the crazy predictions in Europe, it is far more likely and certain that in a few decades there will be a non-white majority. And the majority of us are ok with that.
                    Majority? I take it you have conducted a poll? May I enquire about your methodology? What was the question you used?

Comment

Or maybe all you elitist Eurocoms should stop and think for a moment about your conservative, bigoted, redneck, backwards cousins across the pond. Then perhaps you'll realize that we have far more successfully, humanely, and comfortably stitched together a cosmopolitan and tolerant culture than Europe ever has or will.
                      To answer your point in roughly the same style as you're going for, this came about after immigrants had basically exterminated the original population and then gone into civil war later on. Hardly a price worth paying, huh?

The point is merely that you can't compare countries founded on immigration with countries that aren't, and the blacks vs. Muslims thing is equally invalid, not to say absurd. I certainly hope you're just having a good time here, not being serious and all. Right?

(Edit: Where did you get the percentage figures for Muslims in European countries?)

Comment

Just one quip (didn't read all the thread yet)

If France is having riots and predicting doom & gloom with 7 to 8% Muslim population, my advice is to get a fricken grip.
                        The riots weren't based on religion at all. They were mostly class-based, with a rioting population mostly belonging to the lower classes (and more specifically, to a despised category of lower classes - young suburbanites).
                        There was an ethnical component to it: ethnical minorities are over-represented among the poor young suburbanites, and are even more rejected than their white counterparts because of their skin colour. However, the riots of 2005 were a clash of classes much more than a clash of ethnical groups. And religion was no driving force behind them (Sarkozy lied about it during the riots, but police reports showed afterwards that suburbs with strong Muslim communities had remained calm).

As to the doom and gloom about France becoming mostly Muslim in the near future: I remember having heard it from one family IRL, and that was years ago. There are certainly more people who think so, but it's so small on the radar nobody talks about it.
                        Two national politicians try to capitalize on the fear of "Islamization" (Philippe de Villiers and Bruno Megret), and they have done very low scores recently. And for all his faults, Sarkozy had promoted two Arabic women as ministers (everybody just assumes they are Muslim)
                        The scare about France becoming a Muslim country is something I only read about on 'Poly. And I don't think I've ever read a Frenchman being afraid of that.
                        Last edited by Spiffor; April 23, 2008, 20:59.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

And I don't think I've ever read a Frenchman being afraid of that.
                          They should be... Poly is a very scary place.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson

They should be... Poly is a very scary place.
                            It scares me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

It scares me.
                                I thought you were made of stronger stuff...
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X