Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long could you hold out under torture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long could you hold out under torture?

I've just seen some movie in which this guy was physically tortured but wouldn't "speak".

Is that even possible? Do modern armies or spy agencies even require their members to carry secrets to the grave?

Physical abuse, sleep deprivation, drugs... is it possible to hold out and not break?

I don't think it is possible, but if you know some techniques of keeping your mind intact in such a situation, let me know!

If there would be some value in me not revealing the info before a certain time, then I don't know. (Hopefully that long.) If the information will be just as valuable in a month as now, I'm not sure there's a reason to resist, since you will eventually crack.

Comment

I go through that sort of thing all teh time
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

30 years so far.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Kuciwalker, exactly. The media are selling us these heroic ideas that simply can't work in real life. Even a Buddhist monk who cares not for his worldly life would eventually crack.

LS, DaShi, who's torturing you?

Comment

God! I'm Catholic, btw.
            “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Oh, I'd spill, I'd sing like a canary.

Yes, I know the man who shot Kennedy, it was my grandfather!
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think most of us have simply not had the experiences necessary to form an accurate self-assessment on the subject.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Yeah, funny thing is, they don't like jokes.
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Most of teh time when I try to pick up some chick, I need to spend ~30 soul-crushingly agonising minutes listening to her go on and on about teh most boring stuff
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Before or after the bondage and S&M?
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Don't even get me started on teh after X(

Comment

I would hope that I could hold up. I also hope not to have to find out. What I would also hope, is that somehow friendlies would locate me, and blow the Hell out of all that had me. I'd rather go out that way.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why not just tell them a bunch of lies

Comment

I guess lies could work, but it would be hard to be creative and consistent while having your fingernails torn out.

Comment

Working...
                              X