The OFFICIAL GRIPE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Q Cubed

Ming and rah have seen me, so, I think they know I have a unique slant on things.

Faw-nee mon
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

• Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
      Tower of Babble is a good one. Especially given our Civilization roots and all.

Nice one Lancer.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

• Well we're over 500 posts.
        But, I'm going to leave this open and topped for another day or so.

Thanks for all the ideas. My silly thought was maybe playing on one of the classic OT routines. Where Ming made a thread title something like "DON"T POST HERE".
        and then banned people that posted. Who's got a better memory about that? It may be the Idea I'm looking for, since that one was such a classic.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• At the time I was a 'Mingophant' with Derek (Ted Striker) and a couple of others. We were thrown together by circumstances. All of us believed that Ming should get a fair shot and not attacked/spammed to no end. This was after the worst of the personal attacks, which included the attacks against his family, subsided.

So he made that thread you refered to Rah, which I considered heavy handed, and lots of people went in there and posted. Come to think of it, was the title some informational thing and the OP warned against posting? I finally did post there because people were complaining that they didn't know that they weren't supposed to not post, that they had just gone in and commented or something. Well wherever I see BS happening, like in the attacks on Ming, I jump in. So I jumped in and got banned. Shortly after that Ming shut the thread down.

Anyway I think the title was something other than 'Don't post', but it's been a long time.

Comment

• Well, you could still rename this thread and retro-actively ban everyone who posted in it.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

• Don't give them any ideas.

Comment

• Maybe I'll go with the 9 head of Ming
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What was the deal with that again?

Comment

• The Nine Heads of Ming
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• i second the 9 Heads of Ming.

or anything Alinestra Covelia suggests is fine too.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

• Was that the Black Saturday thing where he let a bunch of guys use his login and ban people? Wtf is this 'Nine Heads of Ming'?

Comment

• You maggots don't know what real forum trembling wars are like. I was always a 'phant, but I need to have hard core miscreants to give me something to react against. As a rule follower/promoter/mod-supporter, I need you little kids to grow some balls and take Markos on a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

I didn't ban him so I wouldn't know... but it's usually a good step towards getting unbanned
                            If you check out the CG thread linked in the 1st page of this thread you'll find Drake is still a bit curious how his week or so ban got turned into a 9 month long ban. It seems he's to proud to remind the mods to unban him but it would be a nice gesture.

Paiktis has said nice things about poly and it seems clear he'd also like to come back though he got permabanned for counter trolling people who trolled him about Greek ethnic heritage.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• If he wants to be unbanned, he can pm Ming. AFAIK same for Paiktis but I don't know his circumstances as well. I don't believe he was actually permabanned - we really don't do that to anyone anymore, and haven't for a long time.

I don't think there is any significant barrier between Drake and coming back to Apolyton, though, other than asking... but he doesn have to ask himself
                              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• I agree with Drake's proudness. He's on my list of favorite posters along with Kitty and hairy fooker and Vetlegion and ummm....others.

Anyhow...I like the proudness, above the mods attitude. I also like mods not caving. And I like having Drako-poko around to listen to.

So there's a puzzle. How do we put all those together properly. There must be some Marxist dialectic answer that will combine the two opposites in a synthesis and make them work. I have had a bloody mary and a T&T. With more alcohol, I will find the answer. What I have so far is some sort of fuzzy Heisenbergian idea where I get perma-banned and Drake takes my place. Not much agreed. But it's a start. And the waitress will bring another drink soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X