Hillary Clinton calls Bosnia sniper story a mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kidicious
    You're the one making a semantic argument. To avoid getting into one we should put you on ignore.
    Trying to limit the term "racism" to a single definition is a semantic argument. That argument was presented in this thread before I first posted. I responded to the semantic argument already offered. Of course my arguments were semantic, since I like for my arguments to be applicable to what I am responding to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson
      Trying to limit the term "racism" to a single definition is a semantic argument.
      I'm one of the people who started the discussion about racism. IMO Asleepatthewheel used it to mean somethng that makes someone a second class citizen. My objection the whole time is that this isn't racism because there is no effect on society. It's a stupid reason not to vote for someone. In turn, you and others have made a semantic argument. Stop bull****ing.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• All of you have let Hillary win, you aren't even talking about her lies anymore.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
          All of you have let Hillary win, you aren't even talking about her lies anymore.

ACK!
          I took her off my avatar. That should be the nail in her coffin.

Comment

• I think Hillary and Madonna should share a faux lesbian kiss at a public event. It can jump start both their careers.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Lesbians

Comment

I'm one of the people who started the discussion about racism. IMO Asleepatthewheel used it to mean somethng that makes someone a second class citizen. My objection the whole time is that this isn't racism because there is no effect on society. It's a stupid reason not to vote for someone. In turn, you and others have made a semantic argument. Stop bull****ing.
                I find that objection by you to be rather odd, after all, you have labeled other posters on this website as racists in the (recent) past when their words have less of an effect on society than Wright's.

Comment

IMO Asleepatthewheel used it to mean somethng that makes someone a second class citizen. My objection the whole time is that this isn't racism because there is no effect on society.
                  And those are semantic arguments. Duh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeson

And those are semantic arguments. Duh.
                    No, my argument is whether or not they have a negative effect on society. I don't wish to argue with you regarding semantics, but that seems all you are capable of.

Comment

• Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                      I find that objection by you to be rather odd, after all, you have labeled other posters on this website as racists in the (recent) past when their words have less of an effect on society than Wright's.
                      I don't know what you are talking about regarding other posters on this site. You would have to give specifics. Indeed, many people say racist things here.

Regarding Wright, you haven't specified why you think his speech is racist except for a literal interpretation of what he said, that white people are greedy. As other people have stated that's just prejudice. Something racist would be someone saying that black people steal or something llike that. More specifically, preaching that in front of a church would be racist.

Comment

No, my argument is whether or not they have a negative effect on society. I don't wish to argue with you regarding semantics, but that seems all you are capable of.
                        I know you don't want to argue with me regarding semantics, which is why you keep dodging the questions after your poorly thought out hissy fit you threw when I corrected Che's definition of the term "racism". You have failed to back up your claims at each stage along the way, and now are trying to hide behind the inane argument that you don't want to argue semantics when what you intially responded to was a semantic argument in response to Che's semantic argument.

Are you are admitting that minorities can be racist? And that oppression isn't a requirement for racism?

Comment

• You know when it comes to racism, people say: " I don't care if they're black, white, purple or green"... Ooh hold on now: Purple or Green? You gotta draw the line somewhere! To hell with purple people! - Unless they're suffocating - then help'em.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                          X