No announcement yet.

Congressman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hell, I'd take any job at this point. I'd also already know which metro stop to get off at to get to work.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention that I'm running for Congress. I'll admit, the pay does seem kinda nice, but that's not why I'm doing it, especially since I'm not under any illusions I'm going to be elected.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Vote Che

I live in Chicago so that means I get to vote a few dozen times for you, right? And my grandfather, who spent some time in Florida before he passed away?
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

It's good to be from Chicago.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Just send me the ballots and I'll fill them out
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

You can do whatever you want as a congressman. I'm not putting any restrictions on people. If people want to schmooze up to the lobbyists, they are welcome too.
              I would schmooze the lobbyists that I generally agree with. I would remain principled.

Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

How much should we pay a Congresswoman?
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Less.

Comment

I would call them a congress but somehow that doesn't work the same as chair does.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What superpowers has Congress-Man?
                      Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Less.
                        68 cents on the dollar (give or take).
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

If my current frugal living standard (a one bed-room apartment and an endless supply of Mac&Chesse) is covered then I'd quickly fork over money to get such a position (but only if I'd be replacing a Republican or one of the traitorous Bush-Dog Dems, not if it involves me replacing a competent liberal progressive). The nation is in WAY too much trouble for me not to want to help fix it.
                          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

50k-100k yr, the going rate

Anyone that does it for less, you don't want them there.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

You're not thinking hard enough then if you want them to live in DC. 1K a month isn't going to cut it ... and anyhow that puts it well above your lowest few levels anyway.
                              I've done it. It isn't fun, but it can be done.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                I suppose this is as good a place as any to mention that I'm running for Congress. I'll admit, the pay does seem kinda nice, but that's not why I'm doing it, especially since I'm not under any illusions I'm going to be elected.
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X