X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck

USA

Comment

Trendy as in lots of bars, restaurants, nightclubs... that sort of thing.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Yes. Good enough. Trendy can mean so many things But I'll take your definition, it's OK with me.

You know, trendy as in tons of upper fixers, some celeb bought a place so now everyone thinks it's trendy and the prices are up the roof and that's about it.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I lived there last year, I was in the Virginia-Highlands area. I enjoyed it somewhat but I felt one's options were pretty limited without a car. That might be different in another neighborhood with more MARTA access or something, but I don't have a very high opinion of Atlanta public transit.

The area from Highland to Little Five Points does have a lot to do; I would have done more of it had I been making any money.
          Lime roots and treachery!
          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Midtown looks really nice actually. I think I have to come up with a place in... a month the latest so... I'm doing some digging. But Midtown is the first area I'm looking into and it looks decent, and it's located pretty well considering where I have to commute daily so, looks pretty good.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

You should be fine at that price point for a 1-bedroom short-term rental. As far as I know, Atlanta's not a relatively expensive place to live.

But keep your game face on, to scare away the bad elements of the neighborhood.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Buckhead

$1500 should be more than enough to get a nice place. Rent doen't normally include electricity/gas/cable/internet over here, but if it is in an apartment building water is normally free.
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                  You should be fine at that price point for a 1-bedroom short-term rental. As far as I know, Atlanta's not a relatively expensive place to live.

But keep your game face on, to scare away the bad elements of the neighborhood.
                  Where ever he goes, he's going to be the bad element of the neighborhood.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                    $1500 should be more than enough to get a nice place. Rent doen't normally include electricity/gas/cable/internet over here, but if it is in an apartment building water is normally free.
                    This was my experience too, though I prefer Midtown to Buckhead. $1500 should be plenty.
                    Lime roots and treachery!
                    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Yeah I see OK things on Craigslist, but I'd like them with furniture and utilities and stuff. My stay is too short and my salary is too low to spend it buying crap and no I won't bring my stuff over there, I'm coming with few suitcases, just clothes and stuff like that.

Even better yet, why not have a cool loft, right? That would be cool man... we don't have lofts here. A nice loft. I can see myself naked in one of them lofts. Making my shakes, morning dances, just everything in the nude. A nice loft preferred.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Midtown is far more fun than Buckhead is these days. All the people who moved to Buckhead because it was trendy got older and crankier and resented the bar crowd and forced them to move (somewhat).
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Midtown and downtown are screwed due to the tornado.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Not forever .

When are you planning on coming down Pekka?

Comment

Doesn't JohnT live thereabouts? Not that anyone has heard from him in ages...
                              The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

He lives (lived?) in Knoxville, Tennessee... which is about 2-3 hours away.

Comment

Working...
                                X