No announcement yet.

Post a question for Asher's Polycast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know you're not a [x]-beer straight, the way most of us are supposed to be [x]-beer queers?
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

In the following list, put your favorite country to least favorite. No trolling, your real opinion.

Japan
      China
      India
      Egypt
      U.S.A.
      Sweden
      France
      Germany
      Australia
      Sweden

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
        How do you know you're not a [x]-beer straight, the way most of us are supposed to be [x]-beer queers?
        Females bleed and are moody. No way.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Guys tend to bleed too after gay things occur of which I will not speak :gross: :gay:

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
            In the following list, put your favorite country to least favorite. No trolling, your real opinion.

Japan
            China
            India
            Egypt
            U.S.A.
            Sweden
            France
            Germany
            Australia
            Sweden

Spec.
            USA
            Australia
            Japan
            Sweden
            Germany
            France
            India
            China
            Egypt
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
              Guys tend to bleed too after gay things occur of which I will not speak :gross: :gay:
              Not of you do it right. I will show you sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                Windows > Mac > Linux
                So, you think that Linux is the least bloated OS of the three then.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  Seems like you had a bad gay sex experience, Wiggy. Don't fight it next time and I'm sure it won't bleed... :gaysexsmilie:
                  I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

So, you think that Linux is the least bloated OS of the three then.
                    Any (default install) OS that comes with a dozen editors is bloated.

In practical terms, Linux distros are incredibly bloated. It comes with complete office suites, ****load of crappy games, dozens of text editors, etc.

Don't you dare talk tech to me, Gramphos, because I will school you.

Comment

I would suggest that you are selectively choosing a particular subset of linux distributions. There are certainly ones that do not distribute by default office suites and such...
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Doesn't matter if they exist, they are not the norm.

Further, the Linux kernel is a bloated monstrosity.

Comment

Doesn't matter if they exist, they are not the norm.
                          Well, you can tweak the system alot. So, what would a norm GNU/Linux system be? There is no distribution that is clearly more norm than any other. And most installations are based on package systems. Of course any system with Gnome/KDE is bloated, and I guess that would fit into the norm.

Further, the Linux kernel is a bloated monstrosity.
                          Of course, but it is quite stable, as compared to the Mach/Hurd kernels.

Comment

Well, you can tweak the system alot. So, what would a norm GNU/Linux system be? There is no distribution that is clearly more norm than any other.
                            All of the popular distributions (Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc) come with enormous amounts of ****. Don't play this game with me.

Of course, but it is quite stable, as compared to the Mach/Hurd kernels.
                            Less stable than NT, as luck would have it -- in a desktop environment. I rarely use Linux but I've had countless kernel panics, and I can't recall the last time I had a kernel32/64 error.

Comment

All of the popular distributions (Red Hat, SUSE, Ubuntu, etc) come with enormous amounts of ****. Don't play this game with me.
                              And who say you have to use a popular distribution? Take a look at some live linux distrubtions, that can give you a fully working environment that fits on a pen drive. Try to do that with Windows.

Also. Ubuntu doesn't install that many things unless you ask it too. (OK it installs Gnome, which is bloated, but for most programs that you would expet to find ona GNU system it just installs a placeholder command, that tells that the program is not installed, and should be installed via the package manager. I myself don't use Ubunto, but a Gentoo installation built from stage one, and I only emerge programs that I intend to use. A default installation of Windows includes many useless programs and games as well, but doesn't have the option to easily install several useful programs.

Less stable than NT, as luck would have it -- in a desktop environment. I rarely use Linux but I've had countless kernel panics, and I can't recall the last time I had a kernel32/64 error.
                              I on the other hand have never had a kernel panick not related to a kernel update, in which I forgot to enable some required functionality. I don't use Windows mush (only for gaming realy), and can't recall the last time it crashed either, but I know that it does happen.

Comment

And who say you have to use a popular distribution? Take a look at some live linux distrubtions, that can give you a fully working environment that fits on a pen drive. Try to do that with Windows.
                                Oh yes, Linux on a pen drive, that's ****ing useful.

The reason that this doesn't exist isn't because it's not possible (see MinWin), but because there's no market for it.

Your whole argument is nonsense. You dismiss distros that encompass the vast majority of the Linux market as saying "you don't HAVE to use them", as if this means they're not indicative! Yes, Linux is open source, you can theoretically do anything you want with it.

That doesn't mean it's not bloated as most people would use it. For all that you "can" do with Linux, the simple fact is the vast majority of people who do use Linux use the most bloated operating system in the history of computers.

I don't care how you want to rationalize it like some mindless Torvalds-wanking zombie, the fact that you can write your own machine code to make Linux do exactly what you want doesn't mean it's not bloated as most people use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X