No announcement yet.

Ever Met a Famous Person...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had lunch with Jimmy Carter and his wife at a BBQ restaurant in Plains. We sat together and he asked me about my plans after college.

That's pretty much it for me.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Elected to what? Is there a federal equivalent of dog-catcher?
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
        I met Alberto Gonzales for three minutes in the Department of Justice, he is a class act and I don't believe for a second he waterboarded anyone without a good reason. Also saw Dick Cheney briefly, I did get a good look at his eyes, and I didn't sense he was corrupt or anything. Both men have the best interests in the country at heart

Ok .... Does anyone else smell "troll bait"? Or is it just me?

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Richard Nixon
            Billy Graham
            Peyton Manning
            Sugar Ray Leonard
            Norman Schwarzkopf
            Danica Patrick
            Rudi Guiliani
            Minnie Pearl
            Kix Brooks & Ronnie Dunn
            Al Gore, Sr.
            Al Gore, Jr.

Just off the top of my head...
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

nt
              Unbelievable!

Comment

I used to meet a lot of people when I worked at a bookstore on Michigan Avenue (the classy shopping district in Chicago)... Sting was probably the most famous person, I took an elevator with him and his manager during an event he was there for.

Also saw Jennifer Aniston with Vince Vaughn back when it was not well known they were together (but not as an event, they were just shopping).

Similarly to your event AAHZ, when I was a young cashier there I rang up a Mr. Barry Zito, who I didn't recognize in his sunglasses (this was 2002 or so); he was in to pitch against my White Sox, and i didn't know exactly what to say, other than not to say anything about my fantasy team (ballplayers hate that), and something like "I hope you have a good game, and then the bullpen blows it for you" ... he was amused
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Sort of.

Romeo Dallaire at LaGuardia, he was on the same flight I was when it was cancelled and we had to wait 3 hours in the small Air Canada departures area.

Dave Moffatt from the boy band The Moffatts (maybe a band only Canadians would know), at a gay bar.

Jack Layton, federal NDP leader, naked in the steam room at my gym. uke:

This doesn't include athletes. I got Jarome Iginla's autograph in 1998, and still have it somewhere.

Edit: And Ray Ozzie, who is a MS exec. I'm not sure if this counts either. He succeeded Bill Gates as the Chief Software Architect at MS.
                  Last edited by Asher; February 8, 2008, 00:51.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    Sort of.

Romeo Dallaire at LaGuardia, he was on the same flight I was when it was cancelled and we had to wait 3 hours in the small Air Canada departures area.
                    I remember that.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                      I met Alberto Gonzales for three minutes in the Department of Justice, he is a class act and I don't believe for a second he waterboarded anyone without a good reason. Also saw Dick Cheney briefly, I did get a good look at his eyes, and I didn't sense he was corrupt or anything. Both men have the best interests in the country at heart
                      My dad did business with Dick Cheney in the late 90s. He's apparently a very personable guy, or at least he was.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I remember that.
                        I would hope you mean you remember me mentioning it before. And you're not stalking me.

Comment

Sorry, I AM stalking you.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Sorry, I AM stalking you.
                            Well, at least now THAT is in the open.

"One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              I even met OzzyKP once.

I hung out with Ken Starr in the CNN green room once.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Was he sweating?

Comment

Working...
                                X