Ever Met a Famous Person...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever Met a Famous Person...?

Last edited by ZEE; April 24, 2011, 03:10.
    Order of the Fly
    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

I bought John Cusack a beer once. Nice guy. "8 Men Out" had just been released, so we talked abut that and about other John Sayles films.
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I shook hands with (and was blessed by) teh Dalai Lama.
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I even met OzzyKP once.
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

I met Alberto Gonzales for three minutes in the Department of Justice, he is a class act and I don't believe for a second he waterboarded anyone without a good reason. Also saw Dick Cheney briefly, I did get a good look at his eyes, and I didn't sense he was corrupt or anything. Both men have the best interests in the country at heart

Also, how would you know the shooting guard if you don't even know his name? He really seems to be bothering you, kick his ass the next time he's in your store or whatever.

Comment

You won't know who he is, but I used to run around in high school with Kin Shriner, who is Scotty Baldwin on "General Hospital", a soap opera. His brother, Wil, is a director.
            Their father was Herb Shriner, an old comedian who, along with his wife, was killed in an auto accident, when Kin and Wil were about 16 or so.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

George HW Bush
              George Pataki
              Michael Eisner
              Some assorted football hall of famers
              Pat Buchanan
              Goofy

Comment

Yes - many.

And?
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

When I was at a donut shop in Aruba a few years back the guy behind me in line turned out to be Paul Sorvino (best known for playing boss Paulie in Goodfellas), and he voiced his disappointment that I had claimed the last cruller. Afraid that I might get whacked, I reversed the order and got a bear claw instead.
                  Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    I met Alberto Gonzales for three minutes in the Department of Justice, he is a class act and I don't believe for a second he waterboarded anyone without a good reason. Also saw Dick Cheney briefly, I did get a good look at his eyes, and I didn't sense he was corrupt or anything.
                    What the hell did you do to get catapulted into the highest echelons of power like this?
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Wiglaf is an elected official

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        No, seriously
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 24, 2011, 03:11.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

I'm about to elect my foot up some people's asses. Yes it's true and it's not as hard to get elected as you might think

Comment

Working...
                              X