No announcement yet.

Ever Met a Famous Person...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I met Ron Mclean, a sportscaster on the CBC here in Canada.
    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      I went to the Beachcomber bar in my little town the day after Woody Haroldson was there.
      Wow! You must know him so well, especially spelling his name so accurately
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I had a couple beers with Woody once, at the old China Club in LA. Nice guy.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Wow! You must know him so well, especially spelling his name so accurately
          Nah, he spelled the name perfectly.

I don't know if that guy should count as famous.
          Graffiti in a public toilet
          Do not require skill or wit
          Among the **** we all are poets
          Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

A school shooting case is in the news now, where a 14-year-old boy alledgely murdered a 15-year-old gay boy in Ventura.

A former school chum of mine is the Deputy D.A.
            I didn't know it until I saw her on the news last night.

Edit: Hey, there's a story in the L.A. Times about it:

Oxnard teen shot on campus removed from life support

By Catherine Saillant and Amanda Covarrubias, Los Angeles Times Staff Writers

A 15-year-old boy shot on an Oxnard campus earlier his week has been removed from life support and will undergo an autopsy today, authorities said.

Lawrence King was declared brain dead on Wednesday, a day after he was shot at E.O. Green Junior High School in Oxnard. His family asked that his body remain on a ventilator until his organs could be donated, and that has taken place, said Craig Stevens, Ventura County's senior deputy medical examiner.

Brandon McInerney, 14, has been charged with first-degree murder in King's death, with a special allegation that the killing was a hate crime. He is being held in Ventura County Juvenile Hall pending an arraignment on March 21.

Bail has been set at $770,000.

Senior Deputy Dist. Atty. Maeve Fox declined to discuss a motive in the shooting or why prosecutors added the hate crime allegation against McInerney, who was charged as an adult.

But classmates of King said he had recently started to wear makeup and jewelry and had proclaimed himself gay. Several students said King and a group of boys, including the defendant, had a verbal confrontation concerning King's sexual orientation a day before the killing.

McInerney's arraignment was delayed Thursday to give his attorney time to review the police investigation before entering a plea.

If convicted, McInerney could face 50 years to life in prison. The hate crime enhancement would add another one to three years to his sentence.

"In Ventura County, we've never had a violent shooting like this," Fox said. "It's very tragic."

The defendant's family declined to talk to reporters, rushing out of the courthouse after a short hearing. But his attorney, Brian Vogel, said McInerney and the boy's family also were hurting.

"Both Brandon and the family are terribly sad to learn [King] is brain dead," he said.

Vogel declined to discuss the case but said he would ask the court to move it back into the juvenile system. McInerney has no criminal history and is generally a good student at E.O. Green, where he is an eighth-grader.

Vogel said the boy turned 14, the legal cutoff for charging an adolescent as an adult, on Jan. 24. Voters gave prosecutors the option of charging teenage suspects as adults under 2002's Proposition 21.

Details on the backgrounds of both boys began to emerge Thursday. King was a foster child living at Casa Pacifica, a shelter for abused and troubled children in Camarillo.

Steven Elson, executive director at Casa Pacifica, said he could not discuss how long King had lived there or the circumstances involving his removal from his family.

But Elson said King had made many friends on the sprawling residential campus and that many of the children were grieving his loss.

"It's been a sad couple of days here," Elson said.

King's father, who lives in Oxnard, declined to comment.

Student Averi Laskey, 13, said she had known King since grammar school and liked him. She said that only in the last two weeks had he begun dressing in a feminine manner.

"Even if he was different, he didn't deserve it," she said.
            Last edited by Zkribbler; February 15, 2008, 18:41.

Comment

If you ask certain people on this site, they deny that homosexuals continue to get a rough ride. There are still, with alarming regularity and mostly among teenagers, hate crimes like this.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I've met local news anchors. The weather guy on CBC (formerly of CTV) was the DJ at my parents wedding.

Otherwise the ones I recall are all sports figures.

Maurice Richard
                Henri Richard
                Mike Komisarek
                Steve Begin
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

THE STEVE BEGIN??????
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I KNOW!!!

Comment

Last edited by ZEE; April 24, 2011, 03:14.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

That doesn't make any sense.

It's "bay-jhen"

Comment

He's Quebec's biggest minor celebrity!

Comment

Erik Estrada - When I worked at walmart he was whoring himself for a company that produced smoked ham and turkey and our store was one of the top selling in our region.

Jason Newsted & Kirk Hammett of Metallica - introduced at an after concert party in Nashville.

Bill Clinton - While governor serveral times. I lived in small town that had this festival every year and all the politicans of the state came. Not a bad guy to be around in a small group just talking. Saw Clinton twice as president but not close enough to talk to. Never saw Hilliary there.

Hank Williams JR. - Him and others would come down to my neck of the woods for hunting and fishing every other year. Stopped by convience store to get a drink.

Mark Martin - Those that don't know NASCAR wouldn't know who in the hell he is but he works out in the same gym that I go to.

Several Pro Wrestlers - ran into them at a strip club in Memphis after a then WWF pay per view
                            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

I've met quite a few famous people over the years. Not much to tell in the international level though. I did have to move out of the hotel room in Thailand a few years ago because Putin was coming and demanded my room though. My family and I was on vacation, living in the presidential suite in the south because a glossy paper wanted a case on us, and then Putin decided to come. It did explain why there were so many well trained middle aged men with young blondes in the area in the start of our stay though. The last days were weird too, lots of military guys marching around. I felt pretty silly when I was going down to the beach one day and ended behind one of those parading coloumns btw.
                              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I see a lot of famous people around London (best lately was Jeff Goldblum when he was over here doing a play) but it doesn't really count as meeting.

However, I have met a fair few British politicians, including both recent Chancellors, Alistair Darling and Gordon Brown (before he became PM).

I also walked past Tony Blair at number 10 once.

Comment

Working...
                                X