Bridezilla! No fat chicks allowed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    Bah! Just have a nude wedding. That way no one will grow out of their clothes.
    With a nude wedding, I would be even more inclined to set weight gain guidelines.
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

If you start treating fat people like humans, you're enabling their lifestyles.

Comment

I don't get it. As long as bridesmaids still fit in their dresses, what does it matter? In theory the bride should look even better by comparison.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

It's because the brides in question are ****ing insane.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I think they are pretty sane. They just have reasonable expectations. Why can't the world see that?
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I can see other ones bringing signs : "you must be this wide to enter"

Really, this is Bridezilla at it's finest. She should be grateful to have good friends who want to be there for her best day.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Exactly what BK said. That is so shallow I can't believe my eyes. I mean sure, but I mean come on, you're talking about your friends and your most important day, what the hell is the matter with you?!
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I wonder if we can get a rider on the contract which says that, if after the wedding, the bride gains # pounds, then the marriage is annulled.

Comment

The bridesmaid's contract is the latest American-style trend for brides. It follows the opening in Berkshire of the country's first bridal boot camp for women determined to shape up to fit into their dresses.
                    I've never heard of this happening for real. Ever. Where to they get off calling it "American-style"? Or, for that matter, a "trend"??? It was a freaking JOKE that got publicized last May or so.

There's plenty that the USofA has to apologize for in this world, but we will not take the blame for Brits who don't get the joke and proceed to act like idiots!
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

In defence of brides...

It is their special day. They want everything "perfect".

Bridesmaid dresses are chosen, fitted, and paid for in advance. Having a bridesmaid not fit a dress they did fit two months earlier is a problem.

Personally I'm of the opinion the attendance of my friends would be more important but I've never been either a bride or a bridesmaid before.
                      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        It was sort of officially no alcohol, due to some of the grooms family. Neither the bride nor the groom nor most of the family drank anything. Many of the freinds drank a little bit.. but you had to go to the clubhouse (it was at a golf course).

I had 4+, but that wasn't enough to still not behave proper during the reception (I hadn't had any at that time though) (bride had to ask me to get up to dance during the dance.. and I didn't give a toast... people who didn't know me would have thought me in bad form).

It was bad also the fact that I was drinking (and ended up drinkingi more then most).

JM
                        Man, you Americans can be so bleeding puritanical at times...
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                          Man, you Americans can be so bleeding puritanical at times...
                          Don't judge us all based on JM.

Every wedding I've been to has been a super party with tons of drinking and whatever
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Evidently not at your times then
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well obviously the bride wants to pig out on cake the moment she's married.

I mean, once you get married, you've lost a diet, amirite?

So she doesn't want any friends being porky and possibly getting more cake than she does. QED
                              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I work as a wedding planner, usually assisting in creating a classy atmosphere. I have not heard of bridesmaid contracts but I find it rather sickening. I agree that brides are crazy, but we shouldn't indulge that sort of behavior. Just because it is their "special day" doesn't mean they can treat their bridesmaids like crap. Besides, most sisters and friends don't really want to be bridesmaids and are only doing it as a favor for the bride, a contract would be a friendship ending insult.

Oh, and for the record, getting drunk at a friend's wedding is also pretty disturbing. At least take it to a club before you get sloshed.
                                In the beginning the Universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                                X