Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I do NOT have to respect your beliefs! (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Would you provide a source for this statement, please?
    Source? It's common knowledge. Do I need a source for "the sky is blue" too?
    "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
      Today's unchallenged absurdity is tomorrow's unchallengeable platitude.
      ...and? Don't get me wrong, it required incredible ingenuity to haul living men all the way out there, get them to hop about in low-G on a barren rock, and then haul them back still alive, but it's not like we gained much from it except bragging rights over the Soviets, who are long gone by now anyway. Keep some perspective.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

...and? Don't get me wrong, it required incredible ingenuity to haul living men all the way out there, get them to hop about in low-G on a barren rock, and then haul them back still alive, but it's not like we gained much from it except bragging rights over the Soviets, who are long gone by now anyway. Keep some perspective.
        Non-sequitur. Your question was:

What the dickens does it matter if the guy doesn't believe anyone walked on the moon?
        The answer to your question is: "Today's unchallenged absurdity is tomorrow's unchallengeable platitude." Personally, I believe that if one values things such as intellectual integrity, it is important to challenge such absurdities wherever they occur, provided one does so with dignity and tact.

@Omni: there's no way I am good enough to come up with that quote unaided, so it's almost certainly someone else's. I don't recall at the moment where I first heard it...but it was definitely worth remembering.
        "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Yes, and I'm saying if it becomes an unchallengeable platitude humanity doesn't lose out on much, so I personally do not care. The whole thing was a colossal waste of money anyway. It's not even in much danger of becoming an unchallengeable platitude, as only crackheads (and Canadians, apparently) believe that crud. It doesn't bother me when people babble slander about all our leaders being reptiloid aliens out to enslave us, and if that were believed it would actually matter. Why should I care about this?
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Source? It's common knowledge. Do I need a source for "the sky is blue" too?
            Yes, that's what I asked. I see the sky is blue. I don't see evidence of your mouth, other than other your mouth.
            Put up, dude. I'm not even that religion, and I think you're full of crap.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Yes, that's what I asked. I see the sky is blue. I don't see evidence of your mouth, other than other your mouth.
              Put up, dude. I'm not even that religion, and I think you're full of crap.

That's right, Sloww. I'm seriously asserting that the Presbyterians and the Jains, two religious groups with absolutely nothing in common, are united in a shared belief that the moon landing was faked.

You've been on the web too long; you can't tell when someone's screwing around without a smiley. I'm pretty sure there's a 12-step program for that.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

I'm pretty sure theres a program for people that talk bull**** too.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Sloww = inadvertently trolled
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    Sloww = inadvertently trolled
                    Order of the Fly
                    Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Not so much a program as a website. You should know that; you've been here longer than I have.

Comment

Well, as an older more experienced poster, maybe it's incumbent on you to not feed bull****. What a concept.
                        Being a leader.

Comment

I'm pretty sure all of the programs are for people who talk bull****.
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X