Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I do NOT have to respect your beliefs! (rant)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aeson
    Fake moon landings
    Real moon landings
    would make for a lame troll or joke. Why do you prefer faked moon landings to real ones?

Comment

If you can't see how amazing a fake moon landing would be, there's no hope for you.

Comment

My old room mate was a 9/11 truther. No matter how much I argued with him he believed Bush or the Israelis did 9/11.

He was a nice guy but an idiot. He also once claimed that most people in India are Hare Krishna, I corrected him and said I think he meant Hindu but he kept insisting it was Hare Krishna. My friend Amandeep, who is from India, started cracking up and, get this, he started arguing with Amandeep!
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Aeson - yes, I would be amazed if such a massive hoax could be carried off without any leaks or unavoidable chinks in the story. Not too mention the massive investment just to make it look real.

Oerdin - Arrogant people who argue with someone whose credentials are obviously better than their own.

My guy couldn't even explain what the Van Allen Belt is or why it is dangerous, but he was quite sure that it made the Apollo missions impossible.
          Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
            It shouldn't be too long before some of the satellites being sent to the moon will be able to image the landing sites. I wonder how the hoaxers will respond?
            With denial, as is the usual way.

Man is an irrational animal. The best thing we could do to add value to the universe is nuke ourselves and leave this place to the cockroaches.
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

what's the problem with Tuvalu
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Only Presbyterians and Jains, afaik.

Would you provide a source for this statement, please?
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                  what's the problem with Tuvalu

Same problems as everywhere else, I would imagine. Maybe the overwhelming concentration of Protestantism has made Tuvalu a hidden paradise here on Earth, full of happy, shiny people.

But I doubt it.

Comment

I don't even know what or where Tuvalu is. Pacific island, maybe?
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Omni Rex Draconis

My guy couldn't even explain what the Van Allen Belt is or why it is dangerous, but he was quite sure that it made the Apollo missions impossible.
                      I think you have to change it every 60,000 miles, or else it might break and ruin your engine. Obviously you can't change it halfway to the Lune.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

With denial, as is the usual way.

Man is an irrational animal. The best thing we could do to add value to the universe is nuke ourselves and leave this place to the cockroaches.
                        I take it you're unhappy?

Comment

He's just pro-cockroach.
                          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                            What the dickens does it matter if the guy doesn't believe anyone walked on the moon?
                            Today's unchallenged absurdity is tomorrow's unchallengeable platitude.
                            "The nation that controls magnesium controls the universe."

-Matt Groenig

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              I don't even know what or where Tuvalu is. Pacific island, maybe?
                              Yep, it's a collection of islands totalling 10 square miles and 11,000 people near Micronesia. It has no military or police except for a rescue patrol. In a way it is paradise, except for one problem. It's also rather flat and if there is any truth to global warming it will disappear within 100 years.
                              "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by jkp1187
                                Today's unchallenged absurdity is tomorrow's unchallengeable platitude.
                                I like that a lot. Is that a quote?

I know of Tuvalu as the nation that sold its domain name - .tv - for a whack of dough. There isn't a single popular website under that domain yet, so I hope it wasn't all based on royalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X