Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civilization 1 isn't that difficult... is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That makes a group of one.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

all the times he told me to "take my meds..."

said that my "emotions made me weak..."

and when he made the greatest DL of all time of "DriXnak..."

*sigh* that was a blast
      Order of the Fly
      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Yeah. That was a wll-kept secret. Couldn't tell, could you? He's a real tricky fellow. uh huh.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

he could be anywhere.. anybody...

lurking...
          Order of the Fly

Comment

Now you're scaring me.

Comment

Well OTF Civ threads are EoN bait. He cant resist them. like sharks to blood.

He is such a master of DL's that any n00b i see i have to be wary of... could be him in disguise. Ive accused n00bs of BEING him as a matter of fact...

Order of the Fly

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                yeah ok but what about the voiceover? you do it after recording the game? that doubles the time needed (and without taking into account editing)
                Oh, I didn't know there was voice over as I didn't watch it with sound.

It isn't hard to add another layer of sound afterwards with the voice on, but I'm pretty sure you can capture the voice at the same time as capturing the game's video+audio, perhaps with Fraps but others program for sure.
                Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Gah! That was painful. It was like the first time my neice played Doom and didn't quite understand how to aim. Somehow she managed to survive the first level, accidently shooting the legs off the imps every so often.

Yes, it was that bad.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    how is the capturing done? e.g. video from game + audio for user?
                    Oh boy, Civilization! A true and classic strategy epic! This could take a while...

we should have tons of videos like that. i feel ashamed.
                    Press gang someone into writing a 'how to' guide for creating a video like that, and get some people making them.
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

Comment

Those videos really make me miss the palace. That was awesome.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Blimey that Deceased Crab bloke is annoying. I managed to sit through his first two vids, and I wish he hadn't wittered away through the intro music. Too bad his warrior managed to beat the fortified Greek Phalanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                          Or, if you want to show those whippersnappers how the game is played, you could do that. (of course, you'll want to *show* it, not *tell* them what they are doing wrong, otherwise it wouldn't be terribly entertaining)
                          DON'T. Or, if you do, don't tell them where you're coming from. Have you ever heard of the phrase "goon rush?"

I only have Civ2. I have Civ1 (DLed it from an "abandonware" site), but every time I tried to play it the stupid copy protection test came up asking me to name letters from the manual. Man, that was annoying. And it occurred to me that I could easily modify Civ2 to be almost exactly like Civ1 if it really seemed that important, so...eh.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I thought Civ1 just asked you about civlization advances. Which you got to know after a bit anyways..

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon... I did the same thing in my first game of Civ. It would ask me "Do you want a reveloution?". No dammit! Why would I want my people to rebel?
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                I thought Civ1 just asked you about civlization advances. Which you got to know after a bit anyways..

JM
                                The copy of Civ 1 that I learned on didn't come with a manual . After a game or two, my roommate and I spent an hour or so going through the civilopedia and copying out the tech icons and advances. Worked like a charm.
                                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Working...
                                X