No news on Israel-Palestine stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    I wouldn't go as far as saying that the Soviet union tried to destroy the Jewish People. It persecuted, but it persecuted other people too. If Stalin wanted to get rid of Jews he would have moved them all to that Siberian oblast designated for them.
    It's not Siberian. It's Far Eastern. It's not that cold as you imagine there.
    Graffiti in a public toilet
    Do not require skill or wit
    Among the **** we all are poets
    Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

That's quite true, didn't the Japonese even try to lure the Jews who settled there into their territory?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

SOon you guys will claim that there are Jewish people who have tried to get all Jewish people and then what do we have to say about it? No love

Well I don't mind Israel, in fact I'm quite pro and for Israel! I can take 4 people to live with me, but you will have to cook and clean. Deal? Also, they have to be babes. All of them.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well it's easy to be pro-Israel. They're a basically European country in a desert, a bit poorer than they could be due to all the defense spending.

Think up reasons for being pro-Arab if you want to brag about something.

Comment

being pro-Arab if you want to brag about something.
            actually the main reason to be pro-arab is to be able to brag about it and call the rest *insert bad word*.
            Last edited by Sirotnikov; January 22, 2008, 19:30.

Comment

Wouldn't nimble-minded be a compliment? You confuse me

Comment

Siro got it. It's like being ... any kind of enlightened person, it's easier to brag about that. Brag about being Dubya supporter. Now that's something you actually need to believe in if you want to do that, otherwise you'd be a troll.

So supporting Israel isn't nothing to brag about. It's just a fact.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                  Wouldn't nimble-minded be a compliment? You confuse me
                  english skillz
                  i has them not

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    So supporting Israel isn't nothing to brag about. It's just a fact.
                    But it's too easy for an enlightened person (that is me, not you). Like with communism. I don't really support communism, but sometimes I like to come up with arguments for communism because it's the hard position in the debate.

Comment

Yeah, except even that is something to brag about. It's trendy. You don't need to be enlightened to support Dubya. in fact, all the people who brag will bash you for it.
                      In da butt.

Comment

YOu want a real field test? Go to Iraq with a big sign that says "I support Dubya" and see what happens. Or go to Washington with "I support Stalin!" and see what happens.

Level the field? OK, go to Europe with both, which one would you choose?

In fact, just go anywhere outside the US with it and see what happens. NOw you tell me how difficult it is to choose, if you're goal is to not get beaten up or shot.
                        In da butt.

Comment

I'm a couch warrior. I don't want real danger

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            Or go to Washington with "I support Stalin!" and see what happens.
                            Youd be laughed at by some, others would be puzzled.

What do you think would happen?
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                              That's quite true, didn't the Japonese even try to lure the Jews who settled there into their territory?
                              Not that I know of. They DID take in a number a number of European Jewish refugees to the occupied International Enclave in Shanghai. In fact IIUC the current PM of Israel, Ehud Olmert's parents lived in Shanghai.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

back to news - what I can gather from here.

Negotiations go on, between Olmert and Abbas (and their respective FM's etc) They seem to actually be dealing with some substantive big issues. This is partially diverted by the immediate term issues - security for the Israelis, settlement expansion for the PA. Olmert has said some fairly strong things about the outposts, and about settlement growth. So far the IDF has only removed a small outpost though. PA has taken some (baby?) steps toward doing more about security, recently sentencing some Fatah dudes who killed an Israeli hiker.

The big issue on the headlines is the mess in Gaza, which makes it hard to maintain progress in the PA-Israel negotiations - not that Abbas has anything postive for Hamas, but he cant move forward much while his own street is watching pics from Gaza that make Israel look bad.

All is complicated by the imminent winograd commision report - Siro, whats your take on that - can Olmert survive?

Myself, I dont like having Olmert hang on. Let him leave already, and let Lipni become PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X