Fundies say the darndest things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gay hating fundie parents.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
      I do like the KJB in english one donegeal quoted above also... given that the KJB was intentionally written to have beautiful language over accuracy...
      Yeah, that cracked me up -- between the KJB itself being a translation and it being the least accurate of all the major translations, it's just beautiful. Reminds me of Che's old sig from that Florida governor.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It looks like 100% or near enough are by people parodying fundies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Yeah, that cracked me up -- between the KJB itself being a translation and it being the least accurate of all the major translations, it's just beautiful. Reminds me of Che's old sig from that Florida governor.
          Which is interesting as the evangelical fundies seem to think otherwise, i.e. that the KJB (and some later bibles based on it) is the only accurate version of the bible and that all other bibles are corrupted by Satan
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST

Which is interesting as the evangelical fundies seem to think otherwise, i.e. that the KJB (and some later bibles based on it) is the only accurate version of the bible and that all other bibles are corrupted by Satan
            The King James Authorized Version is itself heavily indebted to William Tyndale's earlier version, which was, er, 'inspired' in part by Luther's German version.

I like fundies- they are a constant reassertion of my intellectual superiority.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Whatever you guys do, don't go looking for a quote from me on that site.
              Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

You can't spell "fundamentalism" without the word "fun"!

...or "mental"...
                "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

The speed of light varies by material/lack thereof it is traveling through, but tends to remain constant within that material. In nuclear reactors this situation crops up though:

Disclaimer:not faster than light
                  My qute realy referred to pi, befor you edited it. Apple pie. mmmmm

The speed of light is a constant, it only appears to slower in medium, since photons are absorbed and re-emitted by matter, and this process takes time.
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Heraclitus: You registered in september 2007. You are King. What do you do and how old are you?

Either you are young and hardcore civ gamer, or you are an old but unemployed hardcore civ gamer
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

My qute realy referred to pi, befor you edited it. Apple pie. mmmmm

The speed of light is a constant, it only appears to slower in medium, since photons are absorbed and re-emitted by matter, and this process takes time.
                      yea the pi changing is just messed up.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs
                        Heraclitus: You registered in september 2007. You are King. What do you do and how old are you?

Either you are young and hardcore civ gamer, or you are an old but unemployed hardcore civ gamer
                        I’m a king? I’m a king! It's good to be a King!

The answer is clear: I must have absolutely no life.

I'm 19 year old physics student. I play a lot of strategy games, with civ being the top one.

I wan't to thank all the people who started hurt or heal games I'd never could have done it without them.

BTW What was the fastest ever rise to King status? I know I'm not close but I'm curius.
                        Last edited by Heraclitus; January 17, 2008, 23:26.
                        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I believe that goes to Mao. 10k posts in a year.

Good luck.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                          X