I welcome our new Russian Overlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    I don't need a car navigator. I don't even have a car.

How protected is Lada nowadays? Last I read they were still building ~1 000 000 cars a year so I assumed there were import tariffs in place to protect that production. What about other ex-soviet brands: Volga, Zaporozhie (?) and others. Still producing cars?
    We are pretty sh!tty civilian cars manufacturers (Our trucks however is another case. KAMAZ still owns everyones arses at Paris-Dakkar rally). Our car manufacturers don't need some kind of special protection from our government. During last years dozens of car-building plants have been built in Russia. The last such plat (Toyota) have been opened a week or so ago in St. Petersburg. Russian car manufacturers simply play in the different sector of the Russian market (cheap cars).
    But, as I've said already our cars suck. I've sold my Lada two years ago. Zaporozhec is Ukranian brand. I have no idea how they are doing now. Probably they are bankrupt. Comparing to other Soviet cars Zaporozhec was a piece of complete, unbelievable sh!t.
    Volga is the best Russian car (with exception of ZIL limousines and Ural and KAMAZ trucks, of course).

Attached Files

Comment

GAZ (the Volga manufacturers) have bought the whole assembly line for Dodge Stratus, if I remember correctly. Now if only they stopped using ****ty parts to cut costs and paid more attention to quality assurance...
      Graffiti in a public toilet
      Do not require skill or wit
      Among the **** we all are poets
      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Industries always interested me. I was wondering what option will Russia choose. So far only one industrial country completely gave up on domestic car industry - the UK. Others are supporting them at all costs.

Comment

Working...
        X