X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
    Thread needs more Russian reversals.
    PEBEPCAЛ
    Last edited by LordShiva; December 28, 2007, 01:01.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's nothing more then the regular GPS systems every non-backwards country has had since the early 1980's.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

PEBERCAЛ

Русский язык!

I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

This thread needs more Serb.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

this is a troll thread, right? 50m accuracy for satellite-GPS is basically laughable by international government-funded high-tech standards

didn't the americans do that already in the early 80s?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
              Thread needs more Russian reversals.
              Not that great, but:

In USA, you track yourself with GPS
              In Putin's Russia, GLONASS tracks YOU!!
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                Now all we need are some GLONASS receivers. Preferrably some that are smaller than a brick and don't run on 220V AC or at least lead-acid batteries.
                Is this one smaller than a brick?

A Russian GLONASS+GPS reciever and multimedia player for cars (~480$):

(the article is on Russian)
                В четверг, 27 декабря, было официально объявлено о начале продаж в сети «ИОН» первого в мире двухсистемного навигационного...
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
                  well accuracy of about 50m... while still useful, and good to have a third option, it is quite a bit worse than current GPS and not even comparable with Galileo

galileo:

The encrypted Commercial Service (CS) will be available for a fee and will offer an accuracy of better than 1 m. The CS can also be complemented by ground stations to bring the accuracy down to less than 10 cm. This signal will be broadcast in three frequency bands, the two used for the OS signals, as well as at 1260–1300 MHz.

however - having a choice is good
                  The key words here are "will be". When Galileo will be fully operational?
                  Where did you get a 50m accuracy number for GLONASS?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                    It's nothing more then the regular GPS systems every non-backwards country has had since the early 1980's.
                    Are there other systems except GPS, GLONASS and Gallileo? What non-backwards countries are you talking about then?

(and first GLONASS launch was in 1982, then USSR collapsed and programm was halted).

Comment

Re: I welcome our new Russian Overlords

Originally posted by Wezil
                      Can you believe the tech ability of these guys?! I think Kruschev was right, Russia will bury us.

MOSCOW - Russia's satellite navigation system is still taking shape, but President Vladimir Putin already has a plan for how to use it: to keep tabs on his black labrador.

Putin on Monday listened to First Deputy Prime Minister Sergei Ivanov as he briefed the cabinet on the development of GLONASS, the acronym for Global Navigation Satellite System. The Russian leader then asked, "When will I be able to buy the necessary equipment for my dog Koni so that she doesn't run too far?"

Ivanov responded that collars for dogs and cats with satellite-guided positioning equipment will be available for private consumers in the middle of next year.

GLONASS was developed during the Soviet times as a response to the U.S. Global Positioning System, or GPS.

The system originally had 24 satellites, but their number had dwindled after the 1991 Soviet collapse. Thanks to Russia's booming oil revenues, the government has earmarked funds to revive the system to its full strength and offer it to global consumers.

Ivanov said that a Russian booster rocket was set to put another three GLONASS satellites into orbit Tuesday, bringing their total number to 18 - the number necessary to provide navigation services over the entire Russian territory.

Ivanov said that the system would be available worldwide by 2010, for which it would need to have 24 satellites.

First they'll track dogs and then who knows what? Vehicles, people, weather, etc. Truly impressive. I wonder why no one else thought of this?

Rumour has it the first 1000 GLONASS customers will recieve a free hula hoop.

Does Canada able to launch its own satellites?
                      Keep laughing, smart asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

Don't worry. It will be 2010 before they can cover their own territory.

Finland is the project for the next century.
                        You are so funny

Comment

You take this **** way too seriously, Serb.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Does Canada able to launch its own satellites?

Um, yes? Space shuttle...

Comment

Space Shuttle is Canadian? News to me.

Comment

This is not for me, I couldn't give a rats ass where Putin's dog is.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X