Religious persecution in Great Britain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heresson
    this is only partly true. Christians do not kill their apostates, nor do they kill gays.
    They can and they have. Why do you think things like the Matthew Shepard incident only happen in regions dominated by Christianity?

Christianity breeds homophobia, homophobia is what has killed many gays.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

perhaps, but no cleric calls for killing of homosexuals or apostates, while it is accepted part of shari'ah. That's a big difference. That's why equating current christian and muslim approach is a misunderstanding to say the least.
      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
      Middle East!

Comment

But there are (large) Christian groups that have gay leaders?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

why should there be such groups?
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Different interpretations of scripture?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

perhaps, but no cleric calls for killing of homosexuals or apostates, while it is accepted part of shari'ah. That's a big difference. That's why equating current christian and muslim approach is a misunderstanding to say the least.

And lest we forget this quote from the bible itself (Leviticus):
              20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

How common is this in Christian practise today?
                Most people appear to believe in the "holy" causality of sacred books, but i't's a load of rubbish. You can still find plenty of barbaric Christian practices when you look deeper into it.
                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

this is only partly true. Christians do not kill their apostates, nor do they kill gays. Teh West likes to lash Christianity for it mistakes, but every criticism of another religion, even if it's much more faulty, brings a knee-jerk "we should be discussing about how horrible christianity is!!!" reaction.
                  QFT
                  Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                  The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                  The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

And lest we forget this quote from the bible itself (Leviticus):
                    20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
                    This may shock you but the Bible dosen't have that big an affect on the behaviour of Christians.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

This may shock you but the Bible dosen't have that big an affect on the behaviour of Christians.
                      You have to be kidding if Christianity doesn't have anything to do with homophobia.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        Different interpretations of scripture?

JM
                        Give them time, it isn't that far back that homosexuality was considered a disease. Anyhow it you'll see it a lot sooner in Christianity than in Islam.

Comment

You have to be kidding if Christianity doesn't have anything to do with homophobia.
                          You seem to have trouble with subtle meanings don’t you.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            You seem to have trouble with subtle meanings don’t you.
                            When by "subtle" you mean hidden context ,then yes, I'm not good at deciphering nonsense because I don't give it any effort.

Why don't you be a man and say what you mean.

Comment

Why do you think things like the Matthew Shepard incident only happen in regions dominated by Christianity?
                              That's demonstrably false.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                That's demonstrably false.
                                Show me a link of a gay being beaten in North America not tied in some way to religion.

Shepard's attackers were both big Christians BTW.

Comment

Working...
                                X