I knew him when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorizael
    Yes, we understand that people outside of America aren't going to know anything about one of America's major port cities.

That's why we're hear to let you know - no one who actually lived here (me and kuci, for example) would describe a place north of Baltimore as being outside DC.

Except in the sense that, you know, everything not in DC is outside DC.
    This is an international forum. Everybody knows where Washington D.C. is. Not many have heard of Baltimore. Thus, "near Washington D.C." is a gazillion times more useful reference point than "near Baltimore, MD". But it has nothing to do with Kuci being an anal idiot trying to highlight his intellectual supremacy and the stupidity of others, which apparently is the point of that discussion.

Comment

Dammit, I've gotten involved in a dumb argument again. I concede to Asher because I'm going to go watch Journeyman now.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

you have 13 minutes, clash of the choirs is on right now

and it's somewhat entertaining
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Shh.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

polytubbies becoming famous... well, I guess Imran (around 30 years now, right?) would make a natural politician. He always manages to pick up the the local consensus and has absolutely no apparent moral qualms about adapting it as his natural viewpoint, hammered very forcibly and arrogantly to increase it's credibility if necessary.

Jaguar (b. '88) could become pretty much anything he wants to be. He has the required intelligence, physique, looks, education and inherited wealth to achieve a lot in his life. The big question marks are his motivation and wisdom.

Comment

sorry, I time traveled! Dammit!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

That's why we're hear to let you know - no one who actually lived here (me and kuci, for example) would describe a place north of Baltimore as being outside DC.
                *here

[/LS]

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Here's an experiment all Americans should try. For once, think of your country from the perspective of someone from outside of it.

Which is the city of importance: Washington DC or Balitmore, MD?
                  And yet you guys seem to expect us to distinguish Edmonton and Calgary. (Granted, both are equally unimportant.)

Comment

I'm an ignorant American, Asher. I have no idea where Waterloo is. If I said anything at all about Waterloo, I'd likely be wrong, and I'd expect you to correct me. So, we're even.
                    That's easy. Waterloo is an area of London, on the south bank of the Thames, named after the railway station, which in turn was named after a famous battle which Napoleon lost in Belgium.

I see from my instruments that it is also a place in Canada, but I don't expects anyone cares too much about that.

Also,

WTF is Baltimore?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      The audience here isn't local, it's global. If I were a local it'd be correcting, otherwise it's apt.
                      Actually, there are quite a few active DC area posters here, which is why we have threads on DC area politics all the time.

Comment

you'll all be saying that when I marry Reese Witherspoon

Comment

Her?

Comment

Re: I knew him when...

a real estate mogul
                            I have been a bit of one since 20 years before I joined Apolyton.
                            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus That's easy. Waterloo is an area of London, on the south bank of the Thames, named after the railway station, which in turn was named after a famous battle which Napoleon lost in Belgium.
                              As long as I gaze on waterloo sunset I am in paradise.
                              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Re: Re: I knew him when...

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                                I have been a bit of one since 20 years before I joined Apolyton.
                                Sure, but you're no Donald Trump.

Comment

Working...
                                X