Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew him when...

... he was just a poster on Poly.

So, we've got a number of very bright, young individuals here at Apolyton. A lot of us are college graduates or young professionals trying to carve out lives for ourselves. Now, it wouldn't be at all surprising if one of us, one day, really made it.

So who's it going to be? In ten, twenty, thirty years, who on Apolyton will be a world-renowned scientist or a best-selling author or a real estate mogul or an infamous serial killer?
    Last edited by Lorizael; December 17, 2007, 11:45.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Asher will probably have got to the top of Microsoft in a few years time.

DanQ will be the Minister of Propaganda/Information in Canada.

Markos will be a Greek playboy with lots of lots of ladies and......stuff.

Pekka will be locked in some asylum, writing his memoirs. I don't dare to imagine the size of those!

But the rumours went for several years that Sid is among us, so perhaps we already have one among us already.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I am already an infamous serial killer...

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Me.

You wont see me or my name most likely, but my products. Be prepared.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

It's really hard to predict. The period between the ages of 17 to 27 is absolutely crucial in shaping an individual.

Comment

Can we count Ozzy? I mean, anybody with their own wikipedia page....
            "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

Re: I knew him when...

Originally posted by Lorizael
              ... he was just a poster on Poly.

So, we've got a number of very bright, young individuals here at Apolyton. A lot of us are college graduates or young professionals trying to carve out lives for ourselves. Now, it wouldn't be at all surprising if one of us, one day, really made it.

So who's it going to be? In ten, twenty, thirty years, who on Apolyton will be a world-renowned scientist
              A couple of possibilities: Japher seems well on his way to at least some personal success in the chemical manufacturing industry, so he's my first choice here.
              or a best-selling author
              Vesayen probably has the best chance here.
              or a real estate mogul
              Jaguar will have the benefit of a Yale education and the advice of DanS...
              or an infamous serial killer?
              I think everyone knows that this describes Pekka to a P...

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Vesayen probably has the best chance here
                yeah, if he'd stop stealing other people's ideas
                Monkey!!!

Comment

Top Jewish scholar: LOTM
                  American Communist Party: Che
                  Physicist: KrazyHorse
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Re: I knew him when...

Originally posted by snoopy369
                    Vesayen probably has the best chance here.
                    But I have three half-finished novels lying around on my hdd! How many does he have?
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                      American Communist Party: Che
                      What fame do you think the Communist party in America will achieve?

Comment

Various armed rebellion attempts.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

One of the most known and well established security professionals: me.

EVeryone else? Don't care.

In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Successful people normally don't.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              One of the most known and well established security professionals: me.

Security professional = kung-fu with a baton?

Comment

Working...
                              X