• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't worry, no one else does either.
    Monkey!!!

Comment

• WTF is idr?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• Man, I used to know what that acronym means, but I seem to have forgotten.
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• idr what idr is. i just use it.

Comment

• i don't re...uh... nm
            Monkey!!!

Comment

• IDR = I don't remember! It took me 15 seconds or so

But that was easy. Did it occur to anyone in the English speaking world that w/ is terribly confusing to us foreigners? Is it short for 'with' or 'without'? I think it is for 'with'. But really, is saving 2 characters worth the confusion? It would be more logical if it was a short for 'without', because it is the longer word. And what is short for 'without' anyway?

Secondly, why does almost everyone online use != to mean 'not equal'? How is a person who never saw that before figure out whether it means 'exclusively equal', 'excitedly equal' or 'not equal'? Try typing it into Google - no results!

/rant

Comment

• I get confused by w/ also

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• 1) w/o is without

2) because != is "not equal" in programming languages, of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
                    IDR = I don't remember! It took me 15 seconds or so

But that was easy. Did it occur to anyone in the English speaking world that w/ is terribly confusing to us foreigners? Is it short for 'with' or 'without'? I think it is for 'with'. But really, is saving 2 characters worth the confusion? It would be more logical if it was a short for 'without', because it is the longer word. And what is short for 'without' anyway?

Secondly, why does almost everyone online use != to mean 'not equal'? How is a person who never saw that before figure out whether it means 'exclusively equal', 'excitedly equal' or 'not equal'? Try typing it into Google - no results!

/rant
                    lol LOL

almost everyone does not use that. most of the AIM people i talk to that i have used that with were like 'umm wat does that mean??'. a good number of people know now though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                      n00bs
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        The reason for "!=" is it's a reasonably close approximation to an equals sign with a strike through it.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Yes, but that's not the proximate cause.

Comment

• lets see ....hmmm

my family tree has....

1. James Wilk Both
                            2. Billy the Kid
                            3. Black Bart

guess it's rotteness and evil for me

go ahead assume some power and wealth
                            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• Originally posted by Patroklos
                              I am already an infamous serial killer...

Strangely enough, I am very afraid that it was a sincere post...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                                I get confused by w/ also

JM
                                w/ is something we used in the navy to shorten taking notes (not on official documents of course).

Comment

Working...
                                X