No announcement yet.

Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its worse than you think Vesayen. Don't you know you are in the MATRIX!!!

Take the red pill. A couple dozen of them
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
      Its worse than you think Vesayen. Don't you know you are in the MATRIX!!!

Take the red pill. A couple dozen of them
      You see that is precisely the kind of joke I was talking about.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

You are completely right about that. But I wasn't basing my judgment on this list. I was basing it on religious revival, nationalistic heritage and a strong
        anti-communist paranoia.
        1.) What does religious revivalism have to do with fascism?

2.) what communist paranoia are you talking about? Thats claim is almost as stupid as Russians pretending Americans see then as a threat.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

1.) What does religious revivalism have to do with fascism?

2.) what communist paranoia are you talking about? Thats claim is almost as stupid as Russians pretending Americans see then as a threat.
          1. You aren't serious. Strong backing of the clergy is vital for a classic faschist regime.
          2. Read my posts. It may not seem much, but its way above the global average.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

1. You aren't serious. Strong backing of the clergy is vital for a classic faschist regime.
            Ummmm, no its not. It just happened to be in a few cases. In the most important case the erradication of conventional religion was the goal.

And you might not know this, but most American religions don't have an organized clergy.

2. Read my posts. It may not seem much, but its way above the global average.
            I did, you have made zero arguements so far. I am glossing over that part were I am a fascist because I don't support socialized medicine under the assumption that was another, bad, attempt at a joke.

Comment

Wouldn't a gulag rather be a sign of Stalinism?
              Blah

Comment

Ummmm, no its not. It just happened to be in a few cases. In the most important case the erradication of conventional religion was the goal.

And you might not know this, but most American religions don't have an organized clergy.

I did, you have made zero arguements so far. I am glossing over that part were I am a fascist because I don't support socialized medicine under the assumption that was another, bad, attempt at a joke.

I know the US doesn’t have an organized clergy. What is does have is a very religious population and strong ties between religion and politics. The potential exists for some religious leaders to blindly support certain parties.

Religious institutions were a very important pillars of power in most fascist regimes just look at Franco’s Spain or fascist Italy or some Latin American countries.
                Nazi Germany was different off course, they tried to build a state church and when that failed they started persecuting religion, but then again they weren't really fascist.

I never made such an assumption. I simply said, that universal healthcare can be discredited a prior in the US, just by being called socialized medicine. Besides some fascist states ran UH systems…. UH has nothing to do with the discussion here. I just used it as an example, of how a normal political left can’t form in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  Wouldn't a gulag rather be a sign of Stalinism?
                  Social Democracy
                  Libertarian Democracy
                  Constitutional monarchy
                  Absolute monarchy
                  Communism
                  Stalinism/Maoism
                  Faschism

Comment

I know the US doesn’t have an organized clergy. What is does have is a very religious population and strong ties between religion and politics. The potential exists for some religious leaders to blindly support certain parties.
                    It is interesting how people call following your beliefs "blind" only when talking about people they don't agree with, but whatever. Since this has been the case sense the dawn of time, how fascist regimes were there from 3000BC to 1925? Was the British Empire fascist in 1700?

I never made such an assumption. I simply said, that universal healthcare can be discredited a prior in the US, just by being called socialized medicine.
                    Of course it can, because it is socialized medicine. The very name head cheese discredits itself as well, but that doesn't mean the substance of it doesn't do the same.

Comment

It is very difficult and arduous to create and sustain a democracy - but history shows that closing one down is much simpler.

An interesting opening premise. I struggle to name long-standing democratic states that have gone non-democratic. I can more easily name longstanding non-democratic states that have gone democratic.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It is interesting how people call following your beliefs "blind" only when talking about people they don't agree with, but whatever. Since this has been the case sense the dawn of time, how fascist regimes were there from 3000BC to 1925? Was the British Empire fascist in 1700?

Of course it can, because it is socialized medicine. The very name head cheese discredits itself as well, but that doesn't mean the substance of it doesn't do the same.
                        First point is silly, I mean does anyone blindly follow the idea of democracy for example? Besides I don't have the time or the will to explain fascism, go read it up on the Wikipedia, in the local library or even the conservapedia for all I care.

Remember this thread isn't about UH. Your post would be much better if you had put BTW in front of that part. If you want to discus UH with the rest of the world, star a new tread. You’re comment really has nothing to do with my point. I’m saying that regardless if a policy or idea is bad or good it will be dismissed if you simply tag it as communist.
                        Last edited by Heraclitus; December 4, 2007, 14:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                          It is very difficult and arduous to create and sustain a democracy - but history shows that closing one down is much simpler.

An interesting opening premise. I struggle to name long-standing democratic states that have gone non-democratic. I can more easily name longstanding non-democratic states that have gone democratic.
                          Hence he said, create. He didn't say longstanding.

Comment

That comment is flawed.

If it weren't... he's talking about the US going non-democratic, you have to wonder about the relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                              That comment is flawed.

If it weren't... he's talking about the US going non-democratic, you have to wonder about the relevance.
                              Who said the US was a longstanding democracy?

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus

Who said the US was a longstanding democracy?
                                Oh you funny you. I see what you did there. You is funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X