Fascist America, in 10 easy steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopy369
    Because you bolded your grammatical error?
    YOUR_WINNER!

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      If that's true, where I can I report you for being annoying?

Back on topic folks. Discuss the topic and NOT the posters.

And DinoDoc... check your PM's.
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Didn’t notice that. Thanks I suppose. Anyway I at least I have an excuse when I make a grammatical mistake, since I’m not from an English speaking country. What excuse does the average American teen have?

EDIT: I just remembered what kind of school system you guys have. That wasn’t funny, I apologize.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

EDIT: I just remembered what kind of school system you guys have. :sad: That wasn’t funny, I apologize.

You're right, that joke wasn't funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

YOUR_WINNER!

I think we all got that.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

EDIT: I just remembered what kind of school system you guys have. :sad: That wasn’t funny, I apologize.

You're right, that joke wasn't funny.
              Ehh, that's what I said. I already apologized, what more do you want?

Comment

I was talking about the other joke.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Ten bucks says you could make a similar list of comparisons between any two regimes. That said, they make pretty extreme comparisons for some
                  You are completely right about that. But I wasn't basing my judgment on this list. I was basing it on religious revival, nationalistic heritage and a strong
                  anti-communist paranoia.

Comment

What? Are we talking about the 50's?

Comment

I was talking about the other joke.
                      The Bushhitler joke? You are right again I suppose. Mein Kamf is indeed a very poorly written book, a real travesty of the German language. But the analogy is soo flawed in soo many other ways that I resent it even when people mock it, since they prolong its lease on life that way. I thought people wouldn’t mind this, maybe they would even get a chuckle or tow out of it. I've seen much much worse in my time here on poly.

Comment

The Bushhitler joke?

No. This is going to take a while

Comment

Well... it better not take a while for people to discuss the topic and stop the discussion of posters.

I don't care what's been said till now... I just want it to stop NOW!
                          Keep on Civin'
                          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

What? Are we talking about the 50's?
                            Anti-communist paranoia as in calling universal healthcare “socialized medicine”, and thus dismissing it a priori. Anti-communist paranoia as in Liberal being a bad word.

EDIT: I do see the similarity come to think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                              BTW Bushhitler is such BS, I mean the guy actually wrote a book and now half a century later a ****** compares him to dublya.

Oh and America is going fascist, but in a "Benito Mussolini partially incompetent" way.
                              Hitler wrote a book, Dubya read one book once, so Hitler > Bush.
                              [/troll]
                              * Dry runs away and hides
                              The books that the world calls immoral are the books that show the world its own shame. Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Dry

Hitler wrote a book, Dubya read one book once, so Hitler > Bush.
                                [/troll]
                                * Dry runs away and hides
                                For starters Hitler began a world war…

Comment

Working...
                                X