i'm moving? recommend me a state.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AAHZ
    i know I am never leaving the south FTW.
    And on behalf of the civilized world, I'd like to say thanks for that.
    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I have family in North Carolina... depending on exactly where you end up (research triangle?) it's a solid option. Quite the oddball mix of Yankees and Dixie-ites going on there right now, which can be amusing.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        Doctors have noncompete agreements now? WTF

Anyway, in AZ there will be plenty of demand for doctors (old people FTW) ... as long as really dry weather doesn't bother y'all it will be fine (really REALLY dry). If you do, buy a house with a pool. Two pool preferably.
        I hear malpractice insurance is outrageous in AZ though.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Stay off the Gulf Coast, it's white trash hell down there. Same for Louisville and all of Arkansas.

I really liked New Mexico. A lot. All it needs is an ocean.
          Nashville is happening, too.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I have family in South Carolina. It was a nice place. Pretty deserted though. Overall
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I have family in South Carolina. It was a nice place. Pretty deserted though. Overall
              Yeah, the only real urban areas are Columbia and Charleston. Myrtle Beach is urban like Orlando is urban and Spartenburg and Greenville, while having a good number of people, have central downtown or anything.

Charleston pawns Columbia. I live in Charleston
              "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                ****, you live in the same place my cousin and her fiance live.
                are you going to visit them any time soon?

Originally posted by Ninot
                Idaho
                for teh potatoes??

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                West Virginia.
                why?

Comment

I liked Charleston. It had some decent shops. The "military academy" looked a bit dilapedated though, maybe you should go and make a couple of platoons full of slackers go give it a whitewash.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Is your dad licensed in a state other than Colorado? Does he want to now take the boards in another state?

I'm suspecious of the non-compete clause. Usually, they're to protect trade secrets and such. That justification wouldn't apply to doctors. In California, doctors don't even work for the hospital. Instead, they are independant contractors who are granted "rights" to work in the hospital. Maybe your dad should talk to a good lawyer about challenging that clause.

Comment

I liked Charleston. It had some decent shops. The "military academy" looked a bit dilapedated though, maybe you should go and make a couple of platoons full of slackers go give it a whitewash.
                      How dare you say such a thing about my Alma mater

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by b etor
                        are you going to visit them any time soon?
                        *sigh* I'll be obligated to when they get married in a couple months.

But I'm not going to fall for that.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What a team player.

Spec.
                          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Is your dad licensed in a state other than Colorado? Does he want to now take the boards in another state?

I'm suspecious of the non-compete clause. Usually, they're to protect trade secrets and such. That justification wouldn't apply to doctors. In California, doctors don't even work for the hospital. Instead, they are independant contractors who are granted "rights" to work in the hospital. Maybe your dad should talk to a good lawyer about challenging that clause.
                            yes. 'the boards'?

i don't know why they have the non-compete thing. he signed it when he started working there like 10+ years ago.
                            know of any good lawyers who work for free??

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                              What a team player.

Spec.
                              Moi?
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

'the boards'?
                                Er...isn't that what they call the exam that doctors have to take in order to get licensed to practice medicine?

Comment

Working...
                                X