Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i'm moving? recommend me a state.

not just me, my entire family.

so my dad is a doctor and there has been a lot of drama at the hospital lately. now he's working 15 hours a week less than he was last month. the guy who runs the hospital is a douche. there is always a lot of crap going on there anyway. no, my dad has not done anything bad.
    he signed something that said he agreed not to work at any hospitals within 50 miles, which would exclude the rest of the city we live in and places near to it as well.
    and he has to give them 6 month notice if he decides to stop working there. unless the situation changes, we will most likely move this july.

so basically he's been having us do liturgy of the hour every night, praying as a family, etc.

he thinks we're going to have to move. but we have a pretty big house that will be kinda hard to sell. also, my older sister is starting college next year.

my parents want to home school my four younger siblings, so changing schools won't be a huge deal to them.

oh, and we can sell a ton of stuff on ebay.

SUMMARY:
    dad is making less money. he is our sole provider. we might have to move.

recommend me a state to live in and say why?
    texas is out of the question. so are the north eastern states.
    my father is considering arizona and north carolina.
    thanks.

Doctors have noncompete agreements now? WTF

Anyway, in AZ there will be plenty of demand for doctors (old people FTW) ... as long as really dry weather doesn't bother y'all it will be fine (really REALLY dry). If you do, buy a house with a pool. Two pool preferably.

You are aware NC is on the east coast, right?
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

She only objected to the northeast, not the southeast. IDK where the NE ends and the plain old East begins, though. PA?
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

none of those.

Comment

...Why? Too liberal? Oh well. I'd cross out VA too, or at least the Northern parts. The traffic is obscene.
          1011 1100

Comment

I like the Northwest... and I thought you were going to college next year?

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I thought the NW rained every other day or so? Yuk.
              1011 1100

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                ...Why? Too liberal? Oh well. I'd cross out VA too, or at least the Northern parts. The traffic is obscene.
                well, my father is ultra conservative, but that is not why. we just want somewhere warmer. lol.

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                I like the Northwest... and I thought you were going to college next year?

JM
                my older sister is going to Christendom in Virginia. i was going to start taking classes at Gannon here in erie, but not more than 12 credits worth. i'm not 'going' to college until 2009.

Comment

****, you live in the same place my cousin and her fiance live.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

South Carolina/North Carolina is nice. The coastal cities are in boom and you can probably buy a house 3 times the size of your current one for the same price.

Outerbanks/Myrtle Beach/Hilton Head for the summer time
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Idaho
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

West Virginia.

Comment

You are still young enough to work in the coal mines, right b etor?
                          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

somewhere in the south. totally different atmosphere. i know I am never leaving the south FTW.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Mississippi..... LOL
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X