• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't want anybody else,
    When I think about you,
    I call myself!
    I call myself!
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Telephone
      Pictures
      Alarm
      Calculator
      Light
      "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Tpacl?
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I can't let you in on the secret code LS.
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            I don't think it's such common knowledge or something that a client is expected to realize. I think if the free roaming was default setting on your phone and nothing has come up to warn you about it (which didn't happen), you should have a case. I argue that it is NOT common knowledge. You're inside Finland, and people don't even necessarily know what roaming means, I think it's perfectly logical to think that it wouldn't even exist, as long as you're inside our borders, you've established an internet connection... I mean how the hell are you supposed to know that unless there's something very spesific that would let you know about it?

It shouldn't be the default setting on the phone, that's my argument. You'd have to actually enable it, that's where I think the rational line can be drawn.
            Therein lies a concern. It should be default setting on the phone... But is it operators fault if it isn't?
            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Blackberry

phone
              its my timepiece
              email (work only)
              my microsoft outlook schedule is on there too

It has some sort of web browser but I have never ever used it
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Tattila, YES; the operator. NOT the manufacturer.

Did you buy your phone from the operator? If so, they're responsible if someone is. Manufacturer is not responsible no matter what so.... it might be different if you bought it from a store, they're not responsible for it either. But if you bought a package deal from the operator,they would be responsible.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I partially agree with Pekka. I think you may have a case. You were using one price and the phone switched to another without your knowledge, which is certainly unfair.

The problem is, if you win, someone who doesn't have the unlimited deal but lives near the border could use the Swedish network on purpose and afterwards claim that it was unknowingly and pay nothing.

The issue would be easy to solve if the phones kept a log of changes in the phone settings (such as, was roaming set on manual or automatic and if there were changes, when) but I doubt that it is the case.

Your best bet is perhaps to try to prove that the settings had to be on manual but weren't. Or that thing about warning you when switching.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Tattila, YES; the operator. NOT the manufacturer.

Did you buy your phone from the operator? If so, they're responsible if someone is. Manufacturer is not responsible no matter what so.... it might be different if you bought it from a store, they're not responsible for it either. But if you bought a package deal from the operator,they would be responsible.
                    QFMFT.
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Of course he has a case. Often the _operators_ have unique deals about the phones, as in what kind of apps they have. They might want to have their own version, logo etc.

THat's how they get the correct languages in them as well, the operators request those phones if they're selling them, so the configuration of that phone is also something they can do, if you got a package deal, it is the operator that can be blamed, not the manufacturer.
                      In da butt.
                      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

The problem is, if you win, someone who doesn't have the unlimited deal but lives near the border could use the Swedish network on purpose and afterwards claim that it was unknowingly and pay nothing.
                        That would not fly, as, while the 8€/MB on "foreign" roaming is rather, em, a lot, the 4€/MB on home operator without any sort of unlimited deal would not be something to sneeze at. He'd still expected to pay the normal rate, even if they'd concede his point of not knowing about roaming.

Well, I've put my reclamation, or what one might call it, dispute letter thingy, going... Time will tell. Thank yous for your support and suggestions, everyone.

Now, what else do I do with my phone? I listen to music. The sound quality of my current Vodafone V710 isn't that good, could be the earplugs... I'm hoping to get my N6280 back, maybe to get a deal on it. (It was a 24 month phone plus connection deal, which has now been terminated, unfairly I should think, as I didn't miss any payments on it.) The phone happened to be in repair at the time... It has excellent sound quality and comfy earplugs, even if the connection is Nokia's own wierd one.

I also snap photos with it... Unfortunately, the quality isn't that good, with 2mpix and no real optics. One might show vacation pics taken with it to ones friends, but would comment, rather embarrased, that "these were taken with a phonecam, so...". I hear the newest generation with 5mpix and proper optics are beginning to be like proper cameras, with decent pictures.

Comment

Just thought I'd mention, my operator decided to forget the roaming charges. Took a while, but...

Heck, is hardly sufficient.

I didn't know we had Civ4 smilies.

And I'm sorry I killed this thread...
                          Last edited by Tattila the Hun; December 11, 2007, 11:49.

Comment

Ah, but now it has risen from the grave.
                            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Good news
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Good news! The price was absurd anyway... imagine what you could buy with it instead of paying for something that isn't even tangible or to be used in the future...

So they basically the automatic roaming was the default setting? They made the right decision by forgetting about it. I think you would have won this one had you taken it further.... if they wouldn't have dealt with it at this point. They're responsible for the configuration of the phone to some extent so... and it's definitely not common sense to regular customers. But great news, I'm glad you didn't submit and just pay, obviously it would have sucked.
                                In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                                X