Your phone - what do you do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTFp?
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael

Who needs an off switch when you have caller ID?
      QFT

Comment

I got the most pared down cheap phone I could find. It came with a camera that I don't use (and which is crappy anyway) and I use it purely for talk and a little bit of text.

I'm a phone minimalist - I just have a pay-as-you-go plan that averages out to about $30 a month. It's basically a fallback tool for when email doesn't solve things.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I got the most pared down cheap phone I could find. It came with a camera that I don't use (and which is crappy anyway) and I use it purely for talk and a little bit of text.

Ha! I managed to get one without a camera

Comment

I wan tto be able to check email and the internet on my phone.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

No camera on mine. I have never paid for a cellular phone.

I make calls; I receive calls.
              It's my primary timepiece.
              It's my backup alarm clock when I travel.
              I've received texts on it occasionally; I've never sent a text.

That's it.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                No camera on mine. I have never paid for a cellular phone.

I make calls; I receive calls.
                It's my primary timepiece.
                It's my backup alarm clock when I travel.
                I've received texts on it occasionally; I've never sent a text.

That's it.
                this is all I do with my phone right now

(except once a picture)

I Want to be able to internet browse and email on it though

ssh would be nice as well

oh!

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I use it for calls (of course), an alarm, a tip calculator, take a picture or two (not too often though).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    a tip calculator
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                      holy ... you had unlimited deal, right? Or did you actually accumulate a bill that big?
                      Yah, I had a unlimited deal... As it happens, I live about half a kilometer from the border, and phone decided to roam to a swedish operator, with 8€/MB.
                      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I mainly use it to:

Take photos, it's great always having a camera handy wherever I am.

Check my fantasy football scores/make substitutions and change my team when away from home.

Check the football scores online.

Store everyone I know's phone numbers.

Keep my non-work diary and appointments, and alert me for stuff I have to remember.

Play games, especially on the train when I have nothing to read.

As an alarm clock when I'm away from home.

Call my girlfriend on the way home from work and arrange to meet her for a drink.

Call my girlfriend on the way home from work to say I've bumped into my brother and am stopping for a drink.

If I'm going out I can call people I'm going to meet to say I'm going to be late, check if they are still in the initial meeting place or have moved on to a new pub etc. (or they call me for the same reason).

In a busy place if I can't find people I'm meeting I call people to do the "where are you?" thing.

Send text messages to people all over the world.

I actually make all my calls from my mobile, but some of them I could use the landline for so I haven't mentioned them.
                        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

Tattila, seriously? Oh man that sucks!! So I assume you had to pay the bill... wow. That's major suckage.
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yah, need to get a bloody bankloan for it... I'm disputing it, and taking it up with all sorts of instances, a major pain in the afterburner.

Didn't know it could do that, even. They really need to warn customers of that, it's a minor thing, with ridiculous potential for damages...
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Wow that sucks big time.

You should set your phone to ask you before connecting to teh internet while roaming.
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

hope you win the dispute Tattila

Phone companies.
                                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                                X