Your phone - what do you do with it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
    Yah, need to get a bloody bankloan for it... I'm disputing it, and taking it up with all sorts of instances, a major pain in the afterburner.

Didn't know it could do that, even. They really need to warn customers of that, it's a minor thing, with ridiculous potential for damages...

That's terrible. Make sure you let the media know, maybe if word gets around someone can help you or the company may decide to scrap the case to avoid bad publicity.

Comment

I don't know how the system there works but it may be better to just not pay the fees. If you're disputing it already, they know there's a problem with the fee system. If you give them the money already, they have no incentive to settle with you.

As always, check the local laws in your country.
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Tattila, agreed, there should be a warning, it's not part of what I could see as common sense or knowledge. So... I think you should have a case with this.
        In da butt.
        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

The thing is how stupid people are for being fleeced to get these gadgets first. Look at the iPhone...have you seen the total cost of getting one of those things on a contract in the UK? The more time elapses, the higher my estimate of the proportion of total retards in this country
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

PH, iPhone is retarded, period.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
              I don't know how the system there works but it may be better to just not pay the fees. If you're disputing it already, they know there's a problem with the fee system. If you give them the money already, they have no incentive to settle with you.

As always, check the local laws in your country.
              I fear it would ruin my credit rating, and possible late fees, interests and the likes would far outweigh any loan interest. Large companies in Finland, I seem to recall, are pretty good at following the rulings/recommendations of, what's the word, consumer ombudsmen and other, even non-official instances.
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Glad to hear it, Tattila. Good luck with the Bureaucratic Machine, and I hope you get the justice you should!
                "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

International Bureaucratic Machines
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

TAttila, It says about the roaming charges in the manual... I think your best shot is if the phone had default settings with the roaming and all. If you didn't change it, I think you might be able to overturn this.
                    In da butt.

Comment

Most phones you can change from automatic roaming to manual. My phone company advises me to do that when I go abroad so I can make sure I get the local vodafone supplier which is a very small amount cheaper.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

I have a 2003 model, with 50% dead screen... so yes I think I need something new, plus I think that MP3 + Phone combo is a natural convergence, all the rest, I do not care about
                        Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                        GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          TAttila, It says about the roaming charges in the manual... I think your best shot is if the phone had default settings with the roaming and all. If you didn't change it, I think you might be able to overturn this.
                          I didn't, I wish I had. Would not be an issue, then. Roaming hasn't come up once in the five or so years I've had a cellphone. So one doesn't expect it.

I'm under the impression, that the issue of roaming near national borders is something "everybody knows". Well, I didn't. Nobody told me.
                          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I don't think it's such common knowledge or something that a client is expected to realize. I think if the free roaming was default setting on your phone and nothing has come up to warn you about it (which didn't happen), you should have a case. I argue that it is NOT common knowledge. You're inside Finland, and people don't even necessarily know what roaming means, I think it's perfectly logical to think that it wouldn't even exist, as long as you're inside our borders, you've established an internet connection... I mean how the hell are you supposed to know that unless there's something very spesific that would let you know about it?

It shouldn't be the default setting on the phone, that's my argument. You'd have to actually enable it, that's where I think the rational line can be drawn.
                            In da butt.

Comment

Yup. Posting from my phone because our network is down at work. No access to our files and no internet. Fun.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Your phone - what do you do with it?

Well, sometimes, when I get lonely, I put it on vibrate, then I stick it in my undies with peanut butter and then....

Never mind.

Spec.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X