Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amazing things is America building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: What amazing things is America building?

Originally posted by Donegeal
    'Things' don't have to be buildings, do they?
    It's a Y-Wing!
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
      If built today, it would be the 5th tallest building in the country. The tallest outside New York or Chicago. Nashville's Signature Tower.
      I hope this gets built, as I love the spire; though I know there've been some problems finding the $$$.

Comment

What amazing this is America building you ask?

Remember NASA's cancellation to build Space Station Freedom? In reality the program was never cancelled.
        Attached Files

Comment

I think they have most of the money worked out now (or at least close...Financiers wanted to see half the condos sold before groundbreaking. I believe they are very close on that.) The problem now with the Signature Tower is the FAA. Due to its proximity to the airport (4 miles), the FAA is wanting it reduced in height to 433 feet (current design is 1047 feet).

Giarratana has said no design changes though and the Airport Authority is behind him. Currently they are working to change takeoff and landing patterns that would be affected by the building.
          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

We're building Iraq, duh!
            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
              We're building Iraq, duh!
              And all we ask for in return is a little bit Iraqi baby blood and oil. The blood makes engines run much smoother.

Comment

I think they have most of the money worked out now (or at least close...Financiers wanted to see half the condos sold before groundbreaking. I believe they are very close on that.) The problem now with the Signature Tower is the FAA. Due to its proximity to the airport (4 miles), the FAA is wanting it reduced in height to 433 feet (current design is 1047 feet).

Giarratana has said no design changes though and the Airport Authority is behind him. Currently they are working to change takeoff and landing patterns that would be affected by the building.
                That just seems like a bad idea to me ... air patterns or not, who knows what might happen.

Good reason to keep airports the heck away from city centers

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

And all we ask for in return is a little bit Iraqi baby blood and oil. The blood makes engines run much smoother.
                  Keeps us wrinkle-free, too.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
                    The prices for condos look very reasonable too. Starting at $400k for a 913 ft^2 condo.
                    That doesn't sound reasonable at all for a place like Nashville.
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Yea, I heard about the FAA thing, but I don't understand the 433 feet part, when the BellSouth (or is it AT&T now?) Building a couple of blocks away is 600-something feet tall. (I know there's a hill, but it's not a 200-feet elevation increase.)

Comment

It's possible the air traffic patterns happen to hit that spot and not a few blocks away, but either way i'd prefer a bigger safety margin ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki

That doesn't sound reasonable at all for a place like Nashville.
                          You haven't been keeping up with Nashville Real estate.

The whole downtown area is huge right now.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                            It's possible the air traffic patterns happen to hit that spot and not a few blocks away, but either way i'd prefer a bigger safety margin ...
                            Exactly. The City Paper even quoted an instance where two buildings that were side be side in another city had over a 200 foot difference in allowed height by the FAA. They are both very precise and very anal.

The interesting thing is that the FAA determinations are not binding. They do affect things like Insurance Costs and required building standards. Interesting...

Comment

Jonny...Great Avatar!

Comment

Anybody familiar with that "Freedom Ship" project (nah it isn't ex French )?. Saw something about a while ago, it's a big ship like a city on the ocean for several thousand (or tens of thousand?) permanent inhabitants. I'm wondering if they ever going to realize that.
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X