Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amazing things is America building?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amazing things is America building?

Seems the world is building a lot of very tall and interesting buildings at a rapid rate these days, but I've not heard America doing anything much, anyone care to prove me wrong?
    be free

Let the contest of phallic symbols begin........

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sloww, that looks like a decent arena

But the OP asks the wrong question. The right question is, what is going on in Dubai, and what kind of crazy things they are building. They're crazy awesome.
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Transbay Terminal Project in SF is not only a large phalic symbol, but also a transportation solution to the bay area.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Chicago
                  I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

http://thechicagospire.com/
                    Wow, that building is fugly.

Comment

It will look more impressive in person

This one has potential. At least for "largest building built to compensate for something else" ...

<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: What amazing things is America building?

'Things' don't have to be buildings, do they?
                        Attached Files
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

If built today, it would be the 5th tallest building in the country. The tallest outside New York or Chicago. Nashville's Signature Tower.
                          Attached Files
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Freedom Tower:

There are more amazing buildings though.
                            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                              If built today, it would be the 5th tallest building in the country. The tallest outside New York or Chicago. Nashville's Signature Tower.
                              Cool

Looks like it references the Chrysler Building.

The prices for condos look very reasonable too. Starting at $400k for a 913 ft^2 condo.
                              Last edited by DanS; November 7, 2007, 11:02.
                              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                              X