Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would something like this entail an automatic fail or could it still pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fail for not knowing how capitalism works.

Comment

the goal of most capitalist countries is to basically take every last cent from the public
      would be better phrased as "the goal of most corporations is to maximize profits by increasing income while minimizing expenditures. Unfortunately, this goal too often results in price gouging, oppressive employment practices, shoddy products, disregarded warranties, poor service, environmental pollution, and a host of other societal evils."

Comment

"..another factor in Wilde's upbringing that affected his literary output was not class-based, at least on its surface, but rather reflected the increasing levels of Butt-Piracy in English public schools. Oh, don't get me started on butt-piracy...I could go on and--...ahem, where was I?"

fail for not knowing how capitalism works.
        No... I can't fail someone for not knowing what many academics don't know either. Hell, I had a lecturer teaching me about Capitalism who didn't know what it was about!

Comment

A true capitalist would pass him, perhaps even give him high marks. Help get him that diploma ASAP. Cause the more clueless idiots in the economy, the more likely you can make some money off them.

Comment

Well... this response fails for two reasons. The first is the very obvious: WTF!? The second is that it's out of character for a real estate company to say this.

While I wouldn't auto-fail anyone based on that, I have trouble believing that the rest of the paper contains something that would redeem that paragraph. I mean... in my mind that's the sort of paragraph that can take a C- paper straight to an F, though it wouldn't if say it was inserted into an otherwise good paper (in the latter case, it would proabbly be there just to see if you're actually reading the paper.)
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

"See me after class." So you can enroll him as a fellow revolutionary.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I'd give the student a fail.

If he actually had that position in the real world and he said something like that, he would lose his job.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

People say stuff like that in the real world all the time and don't lose their jobs.
                  “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                  "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

They blast zionist leaders of europe and keep their jobs?
                    if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

Working...
                    X