• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is irrelevant.

A) You can get those degrees as part of training

B) Those degrees aren't worth crap

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
      Quit being coy, thread starter, and explain why specifically this makes you sick.
      I'm not being coy... its call sleeping. I come home from work, post, then go to sleep.

No, Arrian, I did not know the guy, or anyone involved. It happend 225 miles north of Milwaukee (over 280 miles from my department). I work by the Wi-Il border. This happened up by the Mich UP.

And I'm happy to inform you Dan, that my appendix is just fine. God has not decided to whisk me away just yet. (and thanks for the laugh).

What make me sick, is what the other Duputies of Forest County and Crandon County had to go through. They had to hunt down and kill one of their own.

The only thing that makes this job bareable... the only way that you can sleep at night, is to be able to distance yourself emotionally from the people you're dealing with. A single OWI ticket can severely screw up someones life. I know it. The other cops know it, but it has to be done. So you detach yourself from your emotions as best you can when you do your work. That can't be done in this situation. Using deadly force is a VERY disturbing thing. Even when its used on someone you don't know, the cop is emotionally scared. They usually go through several counsiling sessions just trying to remove the guilt that comes with the realization that you killed someone. It doesn't matter if it was a situation where there was no other option... or if it was you or him... or if you were going strictly off of reflexes. You killed someone and that is not an easy thing to live with. Now if you add in that you killed someone you knew... someone you were friends with... someone that you might have relied upon to save your life at one point or another... someone you can't distance yourself from...

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

He was killed by SWAT though, and he certainly was no SWAT member. More to the point, he had only been in the department what, one year?

Comment

actually I heard on the news he was SWAT. Surprising considering he was so young.

Comment

Wiggy, did you hear a woosh sound?
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

what's annoying is how the news (and public) questions how a killer could become a cop . how could you possibly screen for this type of behaviour? You can't predict if a person snaps, that's why they call it snapping.

What are they going to do? have a test asking a multiple choice question what you would do if your girlfriend breaks up with you and goes to a party?

And you can't screen for men liking guns and such. They are cops, they all love guns to some extent. I've known men in the navy who were into that gun culture, not all of them were psychos (they just had small penises ) And this guy did have an AR-15, that's a serious weapon. So I'd say he was one of those gun loving guys.

If there were a way to screen for this, women wouldn't get involved with guys like this in the first place (except the suicidal ones )

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                If there were a way to screen for this, women wouldn't get involved with guys like this in the first place (except the suicidal ones )
                I doubt this.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                  Wiggy, did you hear a woosh sound?
                  A lot of people go into the police force because they get to be in a position of authority. A gun is part of that.

For every soft cop, there's ten hardasses, especially in SWAT. This guy hadn't been in the force long, it's not as if they shot their friend.

Comment

Only Dick Cheney does that.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

He was shot by a SWAT sniper.

Who the hell becomes a SWAT sniper but can't handle shooting people? Did he think he'd be shooting farm animals?

If he's crying himself to sleep as Donegeal seems to think he is, time to find a new profession.

Comment

I nominate wiggy for grief counselor.

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Dis you are the one who needs the job...

(I hope that remark had some sting to it, I think it was fairly clever )

Comment

Dis is on vacation from his vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                                Originally posted by Dis
                                I doubt this.
                                Ditto man. A woman falls head over heels for an obsessive psycho bastard once every 13.7 seconds.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X