No announcement yet.

Off Duty Wisconsin Deputy Murders Six in Rampage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This never would've happened if the police force didn't have such easy access to guns..

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Off Duty Wisconsin Deputy Murders Six in Rampage

Originally posted by Dis
      that's what I was wondering. Shouldn't 21 be the earliest age?
      I believe you have to be 21 just to join the police academy where I live.
      Few if any states have a legal age requirement other than adult/18, but may jurisdictions, (federal, state and local) have educational requirements (whether by law or hiring policy) which would effectively push the age up.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Friends who were with him (other law enforcement?) said that "he didn't behave out of the ordinary that night. He must have just snapped."

Might be drugs involved.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Most cops where I have lived require a college education, even if just a local community college.
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
            Most cops where I have lived require a college education, even if just a local community college.
            I know young grads from these programs that had a hard time getting hired for several years afterward. Strangely, their older classmates were scooped up right away.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
              That's interesting. I think 99% of cops do not need a bachelor's degree.

Comment

He said community college Wiglaf. Keep up please.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I am saying most cops do not even need that.

Comment

Then your original statement is faulty as Bachelors don't come from community college.

Is high school enough? Not in this country, but maybe in yours. Other posters here would know more than I about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                      Then your original statement is faulty as Bachelors don't come from community college.
                      They can...
                      A growing trend in the United States is for community colleges to begin offering bachelor's degrees. At least fourteen states have authorized them to do so and others are considering the issue.[3] Many large community colleges, such as Miami-Dade College and St. Petersburg College, in Florida have even completely dropped the words "community" or "junior" from their names as they have added bachelor's degree programs in limited fields and have started their evolution into four-year colleges while retaining their local commitments. Even some smaller community colleges, such as Northern New Mexico College in Española, New Mexico, have dropped community from their names and now offer six or more bachelor's degrees.[4] Others such as Manatee Community College, in Florida, have chosen not to go beyond the associate's degree.[5]

Is high school enough? Not in this country, but maybe in yours. Other posters here would know more than I about that.
                      Yes..to be a beat cop you don't need higher education in most places.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                        Might be drugs involved.
                        No, there's an ex involved. 99.9% of the time that's all it takes.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf

They can...
                          A growing trend in the United States is for community colleges to begin offering bachelor's degrees... blah blah blah....
                          Where did you get that? Wikipedia?

Yes Wiggie, some CC's offer Degree's in some courses, but it is not the usual or common piece of paper people leave a CC with. Continue arguing the point if you wish but you are being silly.

Yes..to be a beat cop you don't need higher education in most places.
                          That may well be. The cop in the article was only 20 which would imply a quick post high school education (possible) or he went almost straight from high school.

Again, I'll let someone with US knowledge speak to this. I can't be bothered looking myself.

Comment

Er, I live in the US. Going to police academy doesn't require a degree.

Comment

Yes, but I've seen you post here long enough now to know your knowledge of things ain't worth ****.

Comment

Sure it never requires a Bachelor's, but I've yet to see a department that doesn't at least require several post-secondary criminal justice courses, if not a full AA.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X