Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Kidicious is right.

There is absolutely no reason for gay organizers to combine "coming out" with a leftist agenda about Don't Ask Don't Tell, or gay marriage, or anything like that. If anything, it marginalizes homosexuals, and makes them political pawns more than human beings.
    I'm more curious about it than I am opposed to it.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
      http://online.logcabin.org/
      Yes, I know. That's why I didn't say conservatives were all in the closet and liberals were all out.
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

I'm more curious about it than I am opposed to it.
        I think you're opposed to it. It is pretty obvious you should be, anyway.

Comment

Everyone, take special notice how Wiglaf has totally ignored being slapped down by the news that both the US active service troops AND even his fellow Republicans think he's full of sh*t and continues to whine like a petulant child.
          The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

HEY... DISCUSS THE TOPIC... NOT THE POSTERS!
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You need a cattle prod Ming.
              "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
              "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I think I need more than a cattle prod for this thread
                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Thank you ming

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                  Everyone, take special notice how Wiglaf has totally ignored being slapped down by the news that both the US active service troops AND even his fellow Republicans think he's full of sh*t and continues to whine like a petulant child.
                  Your statistic showed 70% of troops support gays in the military.

There ARE gays in the military. Most people support gay people being able to be in the military. The idea is they should not be able to advertise it.

This is what "Don't Ask Don't tell" means.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs
                    Not that I find those figures surprising, but would you mind posting links to the primary sources? Zogby's International's services are often specifically solicited by special interest groups, and it has something of a reputation for wording polls in a way that brings results desired by clients...
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

The way he worded it, it's not even relevant to the discussion. Having gays able to serve is different from allowing them to tell everyone about it.

Anyway, the fact remains a lot of troops -- over a third, probably a lot more -- would feel uncomfortable if people went around being openly sexual in the military, which tries to be as desexualized as possible. End of story..

Comment

But Wiglaf IS the topic. It's because of fools like him that we even HAVE a National Coming Out Day. It's purpose is to try to give gays an opportunity to artificially feel they have the courage to come out of the closet in a society that is still somewhat hostile to homosexuals. Further, it's fools like him who oppose equal protection in the workplace and show an undying devotion to ignoring facts whenever they get in the way of their goals of discriminating against gays. He refuses to accept what the polls of active service personnel, the very troops he feels will be irreparably harmed by gays, say about gays serving in the military openly and refuses to accept what the polls of his very own fellow Republicans say about the same. He continues to espouse facts not in evidence, just as fools like him do in opposition to everything having to do with equal rights and protections for gays.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871

Not that I find those figures surprising, but would you mind posting links to the primary sources? Zogby's International's services are often specifically solicited by special interest groups, and it has something of a reputation for wording polls in a way that brings results desired by clients...
                          Later, I'm heading to class now then work and won't be back until 5-ish.

Comment

Your statistic showed 70% of troops support gays in the military.
                            Sure.

In any case, does that mean we would have to give them the same seperation that men/women have? Please tell me how I am supposed to divide a frigate's berthing four ways when it is nearly impossible (and very inefficient) to divide it two ways.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I think I need more than a cattle prod for this thread
                              DON'T TASE ME BRO!
                              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

DRoseDARs
                                It goes both ways... no gay bashing, and no bashing posters!

Discuss the issues... that can be done without saying things like "he's full of sh*t and continues to whine like a petulant child"

Discuss the top or issues... leave the personal insults somewhere else.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X