No announcement yet.

Coworkers say the darnedest things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DON CHEADLE. Did you not see the pictures I posted above? Let me refresh your memory: http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/j/T/P/oceans13pic27.jpg

NICK NOLTE. I quote from IMDB
    The next biggest flaw with the film was the decision to cast Nick Nolte, who is in my opinion a good actor, as long as he is playing himself (such as he was in Affliction), but this time he isn't playing himself, he is playing a composite of General Romeo Dallaire named Colonel Oliver, who has NONE of Dallaire's qualities as a human being. Nolte drags on with his dialogue and it is my opinion that he was most likely intoxicated while filming took place, he looks confused, tired and hung over the entire film, not exactly military material. He bumbles, is incompetent and gets drunk on duty, is this the film makers idea to make Cheadle a more effective hero? By disqualifying everyone else of the role? In 1993, 800,000 souls were murdered and millions of others died as refugees and instead of showing this and letting the world know, we see Paul and his wife enjoying cocktails with Colonel Oliver, while their countrymen are being murdered just outside their doors.
    The movie DOWNPLAYS genocide and focuses on this one man's hotel, and Cheadle played this into a career move, and all it did was get people rich and some people said "moving film!" and guess what? The genocide continues

Comment

I agree with you that Romeo Dallaire, a fantastic Canadian and great hero that no American can compare to, did not get due recognition in the movie. A new movie coming out rectifies that.

Also, I met Mr. Dallaire in the Air Canada waiting room at La Guardia last November.

Also, the fact that Nick Nolte was in it (I personally hate the guy) doesn't make the movie campy. It was not campy in any way.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No American can compare to Romeo Dellaire? WTF?

So your coworker used a bad word in conversation. We all do this sometimes....

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
          So your coworker used a bad word in conversation. We all do this sometimes....
          And it's funny when people do it! Please post examples.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Also, her boyfriend is obese and lives on his "yacht" (a non-functioning 27 foot sailboat out on Lake Ontario).

She waddles.

She takes "Karate" -- I mean, she's on her third class now and she's already showing off her wicked-awesome moves.

She thinks that the Federal Government should have jurisdiction over municipal transit, not municipalities.

The list goes on and on.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Karate is a red flag for me. What does she want it for, self defense? As if someone could not just shoot her if she resisted. And as an obese lake dwelling waddler with no intelligence she is an unlikely target for sexual assault.

Over the years I have come to the conclusion that martial arts are useful for the special forces and hot lonely girls only. Anyone else is just being vain, so I agree with you that this woman should be removed from your project immediately.

Comment

I have a coworker who is convinced that all the Chinese restaurants in America are actually a massive spy network for the Chinese government, and that when the Chicom invasion begins, they will serve as headquarters for Chinese military officials.

Comment

I've always been suspecious of the Kung POW! chicken. It sounds hostile.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                    She thinks that the Federal Government should have jurisdiction over municipal transit, not municipalities.
                    I couldn't think of a better way to **** up the transit system, inside metropolises, atleast.

The new Romeo Dallaire movie looks great! Maurice Richard playing him was a very smart move.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

EViiiiiiL!!! - Mermaid Man

Comment

She waddles?

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                          I couldn't think of a better way to **** up the transit system, inside metropolises, atleast.
                          She thinks it'd be great because then you could easily get on a train and go from Toronto to Vancouver!

Because only with federal control over city transit will we have a trans-Canada rail network!

I mentioned VIA rail, and she dismissed it as not being controlled by the government (!!!). And then dismissed it because she can't use her Toronto "metropass" on it...

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                            I have a coworker who is convinced that all the Chinese restaurants in America are actually a massive spy network for the Chinese government, and that when the Chicom invasion begins, they will serve as headquarters for Chinese military officials.
                            He's got the shlt confused with McDonald's.

The clown is evil I tell you, EVIL!!!

Spec.
                            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Also:

She is a vegetarian, but refuses to eat egg or mayonaise. However, milk and cheese are fine...

Every day, she comes in late (supposed to be in 9am, enters 10:30-11:00). At 11:30 she leaves for an hour and a half lunch. Every time, she asks "What's good to eat around here?"

Every day, I answer "Beef dip."

She keeps asking anyway.

Then she leaves at 4:30 to go home. She's so getting fired.

Comment

I know someone that will eat french fries but not hash browns.
                                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X