Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wiglaf
    Good to see you have matured in your time off
    You didn't refute any of my points with anything substantial, so there's not much else to say but proclaim victory.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Those in the know use Opera. Firefox is opium for the masses

Comment

• The response was substantial, you are just trying to be annoying.

Comment

The response was substantial, you are just trying to be annoying.
          It really wasn't.

IE was free, within a month Netscape was free. You deny any correlation without anything but a denial.

You ignore that your own post gives examples of healthy competition that drives innovation as well.

You then spout rhetoric about how the only reason anyone would ever use WMP/iTunes is bundling. Right. Okay.

Dis-missed@!
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Originally posted by VetLegion
            Those in the know use Opera. Firefox is opium for the masses
            Opera: the browser with the interface designed by high school-level interface designers.

We need more BLUE BORDER BACKGROUNDS on dialog boxes -- STAT.

Comment

• Again, just because IE is the first free browser does not mean we'd still be paying for browsers today. This is just logic, there is no need for me to link you something.

IE was two years behind firefox. That's not "healthy competition." That is firefox being ripped off slowly, which is bad for everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

Opera: the browser with the interface designed by high school-level interface designers.

We need more BLUE BORDER BACKGROUNDS on dialog boxes -- STAT.
                IE: the browser that is two years behind the competition, but everyone uses it.

Healthy competition

Comment

Again, just because IE is the first free browser does not mean we'd still be paying for browsers today.
                  free as in I can download and use it freely or as in "I have to buy this OS I don't want" ?

Edit : Just out of curiosity - why do you think IE is for free ?
                  Last edited by BlackCat; September 18, 2007, 20:29.
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

IE: the browser that is two years behind the competition, but everyone uses it.

Healthy competition
                    Competition means browsers innovate and consumers have choice. This is what is happening. Healthy competition is absolutely right.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

free as in I can download and use it freely or as in "I have to buy this OS I don't want" ?

You can download it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

such short memories.

That was the subject of the US antitrust suit. Which claimed that it was free cause MS wanted to kill Netscape, not to make money from the browser (which MS had made free after all) or even from server software(as I believe MS claimed), but to prevent Netscape from using the browser and server software to build an alternative PC operating system. In other words to protect their monopoly (much stronger in those days) from competition.

IIRC the courts ruled against MS, though they rejected the more extreme remedies.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                        X