No announcement yet.

"The Shawshank Redemption" most inspirational movie ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I don't think the Empire Strikes Back is an 'inspirational' movie.

I'm also puzzled why RoJ is better then ANH. A new hope is much more inspirational.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I've never even heard of Billy Elliot.

I don't see how any of those movies are particularly inspirational either.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
        Somehow I don't think the Empire Strikes Back is an 'inspirational' movie.
        doesn't BK die in that one
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

What happened to "To Kill A Mockingbird", "The Miracle Worker" (original version), "Ben Hur", or "Lillies of the Field"?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Glory

Comment

doesn't BK die in that one
              Anyone else want to take this one?

You need to rewatch them sometime.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Anyone else want to take this one?

You need to rewatch them sometime.
                Ok, now I remember. They all get mixed up in my head.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Shawshank is an excellent movie, but most inspirational movie ever? Hmmm...

Also was suprised that Apollo 13 didn't make the top ten.

Finally, who is "film and music store HMV" and where are they located?
                  "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Glory
                    Too many inaccuracies to enjoy. That’s the problem with knowing your history, it makes "historical" movies as fun as chewing razor blades
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Where is "Snakes On A Plane"?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                        1. Gladiator

infinity. All teh others.
                        Gladiator is an OK film. Nothing more.
                        What?

Comment

And what about that all time classic "Gigli"?!
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Castaway was pretty inspirational.
                            If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

The list seems somewhat US centred (as in entirely).
                              Yup.

No 'Babette's Feast' , no 'Rue Cases Negres' , no 'A World Apart', 'A Matter Of Life And Death'...

Braveheart

Inspired me to think evil thoughts about Mel 'I'll have another' Gibson.

Titanic

Ghastly beyond belief. Crap acting, anachronisms, dodgy hairpieces and vile blarnified 'Oirishness'. Add Celine Dion's Geneva Convention defying sonic attack, and it's a recipe for Linda Blair-style projectile vomiting.

Forrest Gump

Can it be a coincidence his surname rhymes with 'Dump' as in 'town dump' and 'to take a big smelly wormy dump' ?

One of the few films along with 'Gorillas In The Mist' which George Bush could appear in and look almost erudite and eloquent.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X