Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a very interesting encounter on a streetcar today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Disturbing?
    Not particularly.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: I had a very interesting encounter on a streetcar today.

Originally posted by Asher
      2) Why would you ask a random person that?
      3) Why would you refrain from any kind of contact after asking that question, even a polite "Sorry" or anything like that?
      i do that stuff all the time when i'm walking with someone. we just ask random people random questions, providing temporary amusement for both parties!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Tell me how to speak Jewish to these people then. How would I say "Yes, I am Jewish." to make me sound Jewish? I need to be authentic!
        Rent this movie, it's about how to handle street problems the Jewish way:

Comment

Streetcar named Desire. Case solved.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

More Chabad Sukkot outreach, this time with tacky music

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Proving that liberal Jews, who want to reconcile with Muslims, though their hearts are in the right place, dont make youtube videos as well as Chabad does:

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Cute

And cause Jews are really Japanese,

Left wing Hippie Jews in Vermont build a sukkah
                Last edited by lord of the mark; September 23, 2007, 11:48.

Comment

Lulav with Sensai
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

since I responded that I was not jewish I was not worthy of conversation?
                    You got it in one! No ringscar, no chitchat.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Comment

Oh lord, what have I done?

Anyway, had an interesting discussion with a jewish colleague today. Happy stamping!
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

this is the oddest thread in recent months.

Comment

I can think of why that is. What was different about this site in recent months?
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                            X