Dying parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    What you in your youth don't understand is what the lives of the children mean to parents. Once they're grown life isn't as dear as it used to be. Heck, my kids aren't completely grown and I'm already feeling like the major chapters in my life are coming to a close. Don't feel guilty about the end of your Dad's life. You (along with any brothers or sisters) were and are his life's work. He got the job done. You're going to have to let him go eventually.
    You are quite right, I'm just a young brat - only 46 years old

Well, my father was actually quite concerned about his children and I think it was a great relief to him that he this summer got contact with a daughter he knew he had in sweden but never had been able to find. I think that that meeting closed an important thing for him an gave him peace. My father was a bit of a curiosity - in 74 he divorced and got the parenthood of me and my sister wich wasn't common.

As said earlier, I may have made a mistake in reviving the thread - I am comfortable with my father dead - it was inevitable and was expected.
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

No mistake reving a thread, for you have actually made a few of us think! Being comfortable and accepting the death of a parent doesnt make you miss them any less. Especially when the holidays roll around. For i was a mere 18 yo when my father died and so it seems the years make it easier to accpet, but they never erase the longing for of the missing parent or loved one.
      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
        but they never erase the longing for of the missing parent or loved one.
        Q F T

Seven years a week ago today for me losing my Mom.

Time has a way of coping, doesnt make one forget the love that was shared while living

Gramps
        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
        X