No announcement yet.

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse--Sound off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that you are required to paste a card with the words "PHYSICS NERD" on your forehead for a week. Bonus points for making it stick without glue.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Body count is at 6 as of now.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Odin

Of course I am, I'm in Fargo.

Right. No bridges to there. Swamp buggies.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Right. No bridges to there. Swamp buggies.

More like snowplows and covered wagons

Comment

Ouch, that looks bad, but seriously - can't you do something bad to your news reporters ? Idiotic statements such as :

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Chris O'Connell, a Minneapolis reporter, told the BBC: "It is a very chaotic scene here. To call this a catastrophe would be an understatement.
            is simply meaningless.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

American reporters always make things seem worse because they think people will be more interested.
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

Oh, and just so nobody beats me to it:

Unbelievable!

Comment

Seven reported dead now with likely more to come, people were very lucky indeed that the normal four lanes had been cut to only one, or injury and loss of life would have been far far higher.
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    And so the horribly overweight Americans claim yet another beautiful bridge.
                    Classy as usual, Winston...

You'll be glad to know that there were only a quarter the usual number of overweight Americans on the bridge for the reason I gave earlier - so obesity is not the reason the bridge collapsed.

Comment

We all know it's Bush's fault.
                      Blah

Comment

It sounds like it was the reason the bridge was cut to 1 lane that caused it to crash...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

How so? Was it unbalanced because the weight was no longer evenly distributed?

Surely that is a design flaw if that is the case.

Comment

Bummer. Just heard about this. We got an email from corporate communications about it (we have offices in St. Paul).

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                              Why? Would runaway spending have kept the bridge intact?
                              Maybe somewhere in all that runaway spending would have been some money for bridge maintenance.

------------------------------------------
                              This just shows how inept al Qaeda. If I were its Minister of "Information," I would have already issued a statement like: "This bridge colllapse is proof that, as long as America continues its evil ways, it will suffer the wrath of Allah." (It sounds like claiming responsiblity, but not really)

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                                Why? Would runaway spending have kept the bridge intact?
                                Much of this country's infrastructure is need need of a good, thorough renovation. Can't do that when the Republicans are demanding government be drowned in a bathtub.

Comment

Working...
                                X