No announcement yet.

Minneapolis Bridge Collapse--Sound off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77,000 "structurally deficient" bridges nationwide, eh? Sounds like "structurally deficient" may be a pretty broad category.

I've no doubt CT has its share (probably more, due to corruption).

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I am curious what vocabulary the reporters will use when a terrorist nuke goes off, as so far I have seen "catastrophic" and "apocalyptic" wasted on this minor event, relative.

Not to downplay the individual tragedies, but some perspective please NATIONAL/WORLD media!
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          It sounds like it was the reason the bridge was cut to 1 lane that caused it to crash...
          While it may sound crazy, it may also be the reason. According to local experts (we have a bridge or two, so yes, we have experts too), bridges of that period can experince problems with distributing weight - it's not the cutting to one lane, but when they started to make repairs they got in trouble.
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

STEEL BRIDGES HAVE NEVER COLLAPSED BEFORE! IT MUST HAVE BEEN CUT WITH THERMITE!!!! BUSH USED A RADIO CONTROLLEED MISSLE TO BRING IT DOWN< BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLANE WRECKAGE IN THE PHOTOS!!!!111!!!
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

And we see the thin line keeping che from complete insanity

Comment

"Now, it's a sacred spot — a grave site [of 5 confirmed deaths - note by me], a place in need of prayer."

In the other news: the death toll of train crash in Congo surpassed the 100, according to reports 4 days ago. No terrorists were suspected at the time. No further reports because the hindrance to traffic in the Twin Cities area isn't quite apocalyptic .
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

And I heard an old guy died in China. But where, I ask, is the press to report on that?

Comment

Welcome to the American media.
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      STEEL BRIDGES HAVE NEVER COLLAPSED BEFORE! IT MUST HAVE BEEN CUT WITH THERMITE!!!! BUSH USED A RADIO CONTROLLEED MISSLE TO BRING IT DOWN< BECAUSE THERE IS NO PLANE WRECKAGE IN THE PHOTOS!!!!111!!!
                      So now you're blaming termites? Termites can be devastating, but I don't think they caused this.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Steel eating termites, imagine
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          Yea, it's shameful how the Dems waste money on Medicare payments for and Social Security payments to the sick and elderly. Those old farts are going to die anyways. Rich people need more tax cuts!!
                          Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                          QFT.
                          I can't believe you'd take me seriously. Obviously I was just illustrating how absurd it was for Odin to politicize this tragedy by the 8th post and the 2nd hour.

Investigation of the causes, and of whether anyone knew and ignored the causes, hasn't even started yet. Let's at least get all the bodies out of the rubble before turning this into political hay.
                          Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Darius871
                              I can't believe you'd take me seriously.
                              I cant' believe you thought I was being serious, given the section of Zk's post I quoted

Comment

I never take you seriously Kuciguar.
                                Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                                X