Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

This last month can be looooong.

Comment

Uuuhm, you there til spring right?
            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

March 24th. I thought of you Colon, but you can only get away in August, yes? Or has that changed?

Comment

I subsequently got myself unschooled and unemployed. Let's see what the job market brings up the coming weeks.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Do you stillhave our contact info over there? If so, nothing changed. If not, I can PM it to you again.

Comment

I just hadda thought. You're coming back to Oregon in March, right?

This spring I'm heading for Italy. When I come back, I'll of course be jet lagged, so I'll plan a few extra days before going back to work. Maybe instead of hanging out in L.A., I can hang out in Oregon.

My travel days aren't set yet. Best guess is that I'll be coming back in late April.

(Hmmm. How difficult is it to smuggle rum onto a plane?)

Comment

Sounds great Zkrib!! Rum on a plane? You can carry two bottles. We carry two bottles of Tanduay per bag.

But...not to worry, we will be very well stocked, just bring yourself.

Comment

Dang, I envy you Lancer. My wife is Thai, and allthough not the same, it is not that far off either.

Some of our closest friends are danish-filipina couples, and from my experience, the Filipinos are every bit as friendly and easy-going as the Thai are.

We were just in Thailand for one month, and I loved it.

We have, however spoken to our friends about a joint trip to the Philippines and then to Thailand in 2 years. Then we would first visit their family, and then continue to Thailand and visit my wife's family. I really hope that pans out

I would you a very good trip, and hope you will find your ways safely back to Oregon, come March

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I've heard good things about Thailand too. Dolores worked at a Thai restaurant and the people were super and the wife lovely. They took all their employees and families into the mountains here in Oregon for a two day blow out which was a great. Rented a house and everything.

What province in the Phils are your friends from Asmodean? Because we go not every year but quite often, and live on the # 2 vacation destination island, Bohol.

Comment

They live outside Batangas on Luzon. I don't know if that's in the vicinity of Bohol?

Asmodean
                            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Luzon is the northern island that Manila is on. Bohol is located somewhat centrally in the Phils, an hour and a half by air from Manila to the Bohol cap city, Tagbilaran. Ask your friends if they've ever seen the Chocolate Hills and the Tarsier monkey, two famous tourist things to do on Bohol. Also Bohol is the foremost diving destination in the Phils, lots of reefs.

If you get there while we're there some year, come on over! We have five bedrooms incl one extra aircon bedroom for westerners. If you let us know you're coming we'll reserve it for you.

Comment

They're going to build an INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT on our island of Bohol! 'Panglao' is connected to our island by a short causeway and is really part of Bohol.

THAT means we can maybe fly from San Fran directly to our island.

Or at least from SF to HK to Bohol.

April 2010! Maybe ready by next trip or the one after.

That will cut half a day at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X