Philippines trip coming up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines trip coming up.

Link to Zkribs thread with pics he took during his and Theben's trip a few years ago.

End of Sept, anyone interested this go round? Zkribbler and Theben both went in the past and survived. There's a thread somewhere about their trip.

You need to be respectful of others, clean and friendly, and not too particular about your food. The food is good, it's just different.

You can stay at our place if I've gotten to know you over the years, or at a very reasonable place down the road if I haven't. (I get worried about getting some nut that will kill us in our sleep)

The cost is between $200 & $250 a month, we haven't decided yet. That includes the food you eat in the house, and everything else house related. If you want special food you can buy that yourself.

It's fun, easy going and really cheap.
    Last edited by Lancer; July 20, 2007, 00:01.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

How vegeterrian freindly is it?

I ask because I attended a Philipino SDA church for a while, and despite many SDA's being vegeterrian, there wasn't much food for me at their weekly potlucks

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Lumpia

Pansit (sp?)
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

How much do the spouses cost?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

They have lots of veggies Jon, but different.The housekeeper can cook whatever once shown. Certain things like carrots are the same. The fruit is wonderful! Bananas of course, but also mangos, the best in the world. Can you eat fish?

Lumpia and pancit, all you can eat! Dolores loves to cook both.

Japher! Bad!

Comment

I'd love to go, but the is no chance when I have a job that wouldn't let me go, a wife who wants at least 3-star all the time, a wife who also has a job that won't let her go, and two children under the age of two.

Where in the Philippines do you stay? Do you own a house over there?
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Do you know me, or must I live down the road?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I'm betting the answer to that is 'Yes'.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

He knows me? Or must I live down the road?
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Edit...well this didn't work out. The answer is smack dab right in the middle of the quote.

Originally posted by Donegeal
                    I'd love to go, but the is no chance when I have a job that wouldn't let me go, a wife who wants at least 3-star all the time, a wife who also has a job that won't let her go, and two children under the age of two.

We have a house. It's got some comforts, showers, real toilets two aircon bedrooms, pretty much everything most western houses have. The area is not wealthy, but most people have enough. It's far from Manila in the provinces on the island of Bohol. The people are very friendly. However, three star wives likely wouldn't be very happy.

Where in the Philippines do you stay? Do you own a house over there?
                    LordShiva, yes.

Comment

I found Zkrib's thread about the trip, lots of pics.

Comment

perhaps you'll see my grandparents there.

Comment

Probably not, though.

Comment

ohyea. they're back in texas now. i meant my great grandparents.

Comment

What island?

Comment

Working...
                              X